Sign in to follow this  
captain420

P3D v4 graphic settings for best overall performance/visuals

Same principles apply as previous versions. (Probably will always be like this no matter what happens in future versions and with any platform) There is new features, lots has been optimized but we cant run max everything . We only do that on initial start because its all default. I love the dynamic lights feature, so im unwilling to disable it, so it means I have to forgo other things. Water detail is much lower, no speedtrees, low dynamic reflection, minimal shadow casting and 2xMSAA is acceptable to me on a 4k monitor. Other settings are quite high. When I introduce more traffic, I may have to reduce more things. Its all dependent on your system, and what is acceptable to you. At least now we dont have to worry if XYZ setting will cause an OOM. 

• Upvote 1

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png

1 hour ago, Johnny19 said:

strix gtx 1060 8og

LqGmDtv.jpg

YCK7sgG.jpg

vMNswEJ.jpgjC6pyv9.jpg

I have the same card card GTX 1060...

Set target frame rate to Unlimited, VSync On + Triple Buffering. 30 fps locked cost frames.

Why you fly with mesh resolution on 5m? The best resolution possible is 19 m in some places in the US, some regions like ORBX Norway have maximum 10m. So put it on 19m.  Texture resolution lower it to 60 cm.

At shadows uncheck receive Vegetation + Buildings. Costs a lot of performance without seeing almost nothing. Instead Check "Terrain Cast" I wonder why you leave this unchecked since it looks way better + almost 0 fps impact. Internal Vehicle shadows cost also a bit, especially if you fly with PMDG you should turn it off and try how the fps impact.

Then go to autogen move the slider "Autogen draw distance" on Medium, instead put autogen vegetation + building on Dense.

Let me know how many fps you get with these settings and tell me where you fly. These settings I posted above are my Los Angeles/New York settings. So for worst scenery possible.

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Nytro said:

I have the same card card GTX 1060...

Set target frame rate to Unlimited, VSync On + Triple Buffering. 30 fps locked cost frames.

Why you fly with mesh resolution on 5m? The best resolution possible is 19 m in some places in the US, some regions like ORBX Norway have maximum 10m. So put it on 19m.  Texture resolution lower it to 60 cm.

At shadows uncheck receive Vegetation + Buildings. Costs a lot of performance without seeing almost nothing. Instead Check "Terrain Cast" I wonder why you leave this unchecked since it looks way better + almost 0 fps impact. Internal Vehicle shadows cost also a bit, especially if you fly with PMDG you should turn it off and try how the fps impact.

Then go to autogen move the slider "Autogen draw distance" on Medium, instead put autogen vegetation + building on Dense.

Let me know how many fps you get with these settings and tell me where you fly. These settings I posted above are my Los Angeles/New York settings. So for worst scenery possible.

mesh is on 5 m because of the Flightbeam and FSDT airports. I'll let you know whit these new setting after i land in SFO :) thanks for the recommendations 

Ivan Majetic

MAXIMUS XII HERO, i9 10900k, NZXT KRAKEN Z73, GIGABYTE RTX 3080 v2 OC, G.SKILL TridentZ DDR4 32 Gb, WD HDD 2TB, SAMSUNG 980PRO, SAMSUNG 970EVO Plus 2x, ASUS PG348Q

2 hours ago, Johnny19 said:

That's probalby why. I'll get 4k monitor once i upgrade to 1080Ti. What monitor do you have?

I use a 40" Samsung 4k TV.  It works great and was less than $300 if I remember.  

I tried running less resolution but I still got stutters unfortunately.  It looks like I'll have to deal with the shimmering and keep it at 2x SSAA until I can upgrade my GPU to something better.

5800x3d Asus 4090 ROG Strix OC 2TB SSD 32GB Ram

And I fail to understand the importance of speed trees in the context of flight simulation..I understand a wind sock moving with the wind. But speed trees? And that was on the top of the list to be implemented..

• Upvote 3

Any shimmering? 

I have a 4k tv

Using 4xmsaa and little shimmering some airports

4x SSAA takes away most shimmering for me.  I get a decent amount of it on anything lower including 4x MSAA.  It's pretty much the same as V3 was in that regard on a 4k tv.

5800x3d Asus 4090 ROG Strix OC 2TB SSD 32GB Ram

Has LM still not divulged exactly what settings are skewed towards CPU and what are skewed towards GPU? It would really help knowing this..

5 hours ago, sfgiants13 said:

4x SSAA takes away most shimmering for me.  I get a decent amount of it on anything lower including 4x MSAA.  It's pretty much the same as V3 was in that regard on a 4k tv.

Interesting 4xssaa on titan sc in sli

4k tv i get performance drop 

Unlike V3 in which I found I had the smoothest performance with the in game vsync enabled with tripple buffering on, and frames set to unlimited, with V4 I have to cap it at a set number (30 works best on my system) otherwise I get very bad stuttering. Strange thing is, I can set all graphics detail sliders to the absolute minimum, and the stuttering actually seems to be more pronounced. This is on a 6 core / 12 thread 3930K running at 4.8Ghz, with 32 gigs of ram, and a GTX 1070. I am not to sure why V4 doesn't seem to like my system, but for the time being performance is like night and day between V3 and V4, with the older version running much smoother.

All I can tell is that, at least on my system with GTX 980, dusk/dawn brings FPS down on its knees...

38.jpg

Brynjar Mauseth 

2 hours ago, Fi5kuS said:

All I can tell is that, at least on my system with GTX 980, dusk/dawn brings FPS down on its knees...

Same here unflyable at dusk/dawn... I have pretty good performance at day and night with a GTX970. As soon as I have a dusk/dawn scenario my fps drop from steady 35-40 to 18 - 20

even with 8MSAA.

22 hours ago, onurair said:

Same here unflyable at dusk/dawn... I have pretty good performance at day and night with a GTX970. As soon as I have a dusk/dawn scenario my fps drop from steady 35-40 to 18 - 20

even with 8MSAA.

Yep,

Tried to disable all shadows on scenery, cloud shadows etc, but FPS oddly remain the same.

38.jpg

Brynjar Mauseth 

If you want cloud shadows on  AG buildings and vegetation set both to receive shadows.

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0