Sign in to follow this  
captain420

P3D v4 is simply amazing!

I too am amazed by P3D performance.

I just departed Hong Kong on the PMDG 747 with almost every slider to the right, ORBX FTX Global, AS16 (many clouds in HK at the moment), and I have installed both Fly Tampa Kai Tak and T2G VHHH ... and just woah !!! And of course I am heading to Flytampa Dubai ...

First, P3D v3 and previous would have an OOM just THINKING about loading all that stuff together. So the fact of beeing able to load all this is incredible in itself.

Second, the performance is insane always running at 40+ fps ... it is so smooth !!!! It feels much better all the time.

In the end ? What is see is I have better framerates, a beautiful P3D and I don't have to hold my settings. I can't be more happy with that. I can't wait for the port of other addons, but I am already convinced we are switching to a new era of simming. Considering the amount of inventivity some developers have already put in the previous versions of the sim to circumnavigate around the sim limitations, I am really eager to see what the will be able to do in the future with this platform, keeping in mind 64 bits is not only about more memory. .

The thing I am really waiting for now is FTX Global Vector.

• Upvote 1

Guillaume

YouTube Channel : The Flying Frog (P3D flying)

My Flickr Gallery : clicky clicky

CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D at 4.5 Ghz Motherboard: Gigabyte AORUS X470 Ultra Gaming RAM: 48 Gb GPU: 1x RTX 4090 OS : Win 11 Display : Philips BD4350UC (4K 43" display) + 1 AOC 21" FHD side display
Hardware: Virpil WarBRD Base with WarBRD Grip OR Warthog Grip, VPC ACE Collection Rudder Pedals, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle, Goflight MCP Pro, Custom homecockpit.

Under which section do we add the parameter TEXTURE_SIZE_EXP

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

[Graphics] I believe.

Guillaume

CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D at 4.5 Ghz Motherboard: Gigabyte AORUS X470 Ultra Gaming RAM: 48 Gb GPU: 1x RTX 4090 OS : Win 11 Display : Philips BD4350UC (4K 43" display) + 1 AOC 21" FHD side display
Hardware: Virpil WarBRD Base with WarBRD Grip OR Warthog Grip, VPC ACE Collection Rudder Pedals, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle, Goflight MCP Pro, Custom homecockpit.

no, you add it under [TERRAIN]

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

11 minutes ago, TopGun33 said:

The thing I am really waiting for now is FTX Global Vector.

While you wait you can simply add the necesarry entries into the scenery.cfg.

That is unsupported but it works.

1 minute ago, Farlis said:

Haaa, thanks for that ! I did not know. Since ORBX said they had to change some stuff, I just figured I should wait. Thanks for the heads up ;)

Guillaume

1 minute ago, TopGun33 said:

Haaa, thanks for that ! I did not know. Since ORBX said they had to change some stuff, I just figured I should wait. Thanks for the heads up ;)

I assume it is the control panel that needs to be changed. But as long as you run it side by side with v3 it will work. Just be aware that everytime you run FTX Central for v4 it will delete those entries again and you have to manually reinsert them.

8 hours ago, Hoang said:

Lucky to hear you got it working as expected! Mine is still waiting for FSLAbs A320X and PMDG 737 so I haven't touch it that much, just install bunch of sceneries and airports, look around little bit. I have PMDG 747 but not in the mood of flying any long haul now.

Who says you have to fly long haul in the 747? Lots of short real world flights. The 747D was built for domestic flights in Japan. Most flights under 1 hour. Your imagination is the only limit.

Pete Richards

Aussie born, Sydney (YSSY) living in Whitehorse, Yukon (CYXY)

Windows 11 Pro loaded on a Sabrent 1TB Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0, Ryzen 9 7950x3d, MSI X670-Pro Wifi Motherboard, MSI RTX 4070 Ti Ventus 3X 12G OC, 64GB DDR5-6000 C30 Corsair Vengeance, 2x 1TB Samsung 960 Pro NVMe for MSFS2020, 4TB Seagate BarraCuda HD, Corsair RMx 1000W PSU, NZXT Kraken X63 280mm AIO, Phanteks P600S Case.

Yep, just flew TPE-HKG with China Airlines this morning, simulating CI641 as of today. 450 Nm (more or less) great for a first approach to P3D V4.

Guillaume

14 hours ago, Venturi said:

If your not  getting ooms or CTD then the swap will be underwhelming. I have the same set up as you. 

Gonna wait 12 months. Baby steps 😁

Meh, the swap will absolutely not be underwhelming. Coming from v3, the performance advantages that I am witnessing are impressive, even with my humble 970. We are now entering an era, where the GPU is quite possibly the primary harbinger of performance. Which in my view, is a good thing. One thing to consider is the future of extreme multi-core cpu's going forward and the gains attainable in a 64bit environment. The future is bright for us. 

• Upvote 1

Intel i7 10700K | Asus Maximus XII Hero | Asus TUF RTX 3090 | 32GB HyperX Fury 3200 DDR4 | 1TB Samsung M.2 (W11) | 2TB Samsung M.2 (MSFS2020) | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280mm AIO | 43" Samsung Q90B | 27" Asus Monitor

13 hours ago, petkez said:

Who says you have to fly long haul in the 747? Lots of short real world flights. The 747D was built for domestic flights in Japan. Most flights under 1 hour. Your imagination is the only limit.

I don't have to but that's what I like to, and I like to use 737/A320 for short flights, 777/747 for longer ones. 400D are for Japan domestic but I don't have airports and ORBX regions over there to enjoy the beautiful scene.

Imagination is a bit too complicated for me right now, I'd like to stick with what I want to do.
Cheers,
Hoang Le

Hoang Le

i5 13500 - eVGA RTX 3070 Ti - 32GB RAM

P3D v5

55 minutes ago, SolRayz said:

Meh, the swap will absolutely not be underwhelming. Coming from v3, the performance advantages that I am witnessing are impressive, even with my humble 970. We are now entering an era, where the GPU is quite possibly the primary harbinger of performance. Which in my view, is a good thing. One thing to consider is the future of extreme multi-core cpu's going forward and the gains attainable in a 64bit environment. The future is bright for us. 

Eliminating ooms and CTD is a huge deal. And it's absolutely the way forward, not doubt about it! 

Can you  list exactly  what performance advantages you are experiencing? It would help to counter the posters with bigger cards saying the opposite. 

ZORAN

If I replicate  settings between P3Dv3 and v4, v4 wins by a mile in the performance department. I'm also capable of bumping up autogen slider settings a bump or more with no appreciable loss in frames. Occasional stutters I would experience in v3, mostly because of scenery loading, seem to be gone now. I can only speak for my setup and results vary, I'm sure of it. 

My setup 2700K OC@4.6 / GTX970 custom OC / 16Gb DDR3 2133Mhz / Only one monitor for sim at1080P / Secondary monitor for flight planning.

Flying out of FSDT KLAS and Orbx SCA, and MyTraffic, and performance is far superior in the new sim. 

Intel i7 10700K | Asus Maximus XII Hero | Asus TUF RTX 3090 | 32GB HyperX Fury 3200 DDR4 | 1TB Samsung M.2 (W11) | 2TB Samsung M.2 (MSFS2020) | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280mm AIO | 43" Samsung Q90B | 27" Asus Monitor

16 hours ago, Farlis said:

Hi Farlis,

I am reluctant because on other threads some people report that the VECTOR Configuration Tool does not work in P3D V4 when doing this sort of "hack". It is a feature I use a lot, especially the airport elevation correction. Can you confirm on your side, or maybe you have a workaround ?

Thanks !

Guillaume

4 hours ago, TopGun33 said:

Hi Farlis,

I am reluctant because on other threads some people report that the VECTOR Configuration Tool does not work in P3D V4 when doing this sort of "hack". It is a feature I use a lot, especially the airport elevation correction. Can you confirm on your side, or maybe you have a workaround ?

Thanks !

It is indeed the configuration tool that does not work. But you can simply alias the entries from v3 and have the vector tool do the changes in v3. Anything the tool changes in v3 will then also be displayed in v4.

• Upvote 1