Sign in to follow this  
rondon9898

747 not loading in v4

Hi chaps I'm pretty sure I'm going to have to open a support ticket but jsut wanted to know if anyone else getting this - v4 is working perfectly fine but if I select the 747, either in the open screen or when the default aircraft is loaded up, the screen just goes black and nothing loads. This is the first time I've loaded the 747 into v4, having got it today, v3 is working as normal.

Anyone else getting this, or is it ticket time?
Cheers

I'm getting a similar problem.

P3D v4 was working fine, installed the 747 v2 and still fine... exited P3D and came back a few hours later, restarted P3D and now just black screen... it seems to be autoloading the last session and not showing the startup screen, if i press ESC it asks me if I want to end the session.

How do I fix?

btw I've rebooted but same problem.

Matthew S

Not sure what was wrong but I fixed my problem by deleting the following file:-

C:\Users\Matthew\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Prepard3d.cfg

Now the sim loads again and runs as normal!

I think maybe the problem might have been that I created a default flight that used the PMDG 747 v2.   

Matthew S

3 hours ago, MatthewS said:

I think maybe the problem might have been that I created a default flight that used the PMDG 747 v2.  

Yep. This was probably the issue. Please note that there is an intro manual included with the product that you should read. It specifically tells you to avoid doing this.

Kyle Rodgers

20 hours ago, rondon9898 said:

Didn't work I'm afraid. It's most peculiar - deleted cfg file, deleted FSUIPC, did everything really. No joy, yet jumbo in v3 working beautifully(well, haven't flown iit yet but eat on ground at EGLL when I loaded up this morning)

Can you elaborate on this? What didn't work? Did it work prior to installing the 744? What is included in "everything?"

Kyle Rodgers

Yes v4 worked perfectly before the 744 installation, and works even when it is installed, I should add, but the 744 just doesn't load - I select it, and then there's a black screen. Working beautifully in v3 though.

As for what I've done; basically removing QOTS enitrely and reinstalling exactly as Robert stipulated, removed FSUIPC, deleted the .cfg file and let it rebuild, tried full screen and half screen - I haven't uninstalled and reinstalled the sim itself yet - I haven't really loaded anything into it but even so, I find reinstalls a massive faff and I do remember reading one of your posts Kyle saying that reinstalls of the sim aren't massively helpful anyway.

I have a ticket open now - just going to send a requested .cab file to one of your chaps and see if he can find anything.