Sign in to follow this  
davidhorobin

Reality XP Garmin GTN750 Installation Issue

Dear Forum

Might you please be able to advise on this:-

I installed Reality XP's GTN750 for X-Plane. It is there in the X-Plane 3D Cessna but it only shows a black, blank screen.

There was an error message during installation:-

"Setup

---------------------------

Setup could not install the extra files. The Garmin Trainer installer returned:

The system cannot find the file specified

Setup will now continue installing normally but the product will fail running properly."

I have previously installed the GTN750 for FSX and that works fine, so the Garmin Trainer is already there and working.

It seems that the X-Plane setup isn't connecting with it somehow.

I've tried reinstalling the Garmin trainer but it won't reinstall, as it's already installed.

The avionics and battery master switches are 'on' and the inbuilt Cessna GPS is working fine.

Many thanks for your kind help.

Regards,

David

Hi David,

Sorry for the delay, I've missed you post. Please make sure to cross check your anti-virus program quarantined files:

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

Dear RXP

Re: GTN750 Blank Screen on X-Plane

Thanks for the suggestion of checking my anti-virus.

I am using only Windows Defender  (this PC is only used for gaming, so is very low risk)

I have checked the quarantined items and there are none.

Any further suggestions please?

Regards,

David

It's now 10 days since I bought a copy of Reality XP GTN750 for X-Plane ($49.95) and it has never worked.

As explained above, the screen is there but blank.

I have posted the problem here and have had one reply - to check my anti-virus - which I have done but no joy.

I have updated my video card drivers too in case that helped but it didn't.

What am I to do?

Claim a refund?

Clearly, the product doesn't work.

Can someone please advise.

Thanks,

David

Hi David,

It looks like we are missing the basics: can you please check the content of "my documents\rxpGtnSim.dll.log" and "my documents\rxpGtn.xpl.log" files?

They are supposed to contain useful information in case of problems.

This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Dear Jean-Luc

Many thanks for your kind reply.

Here are the two files I can find.

"my documents\rxpGtnSim.dll.log"

17/06/17 20:36:36.419 08288 -    ] # rxpGtnSim64.dll version 2.4.0.0
17/06/17 21:07:35.673 08288 WARN ] can't find trainer installer path

"my documents\rxpGtn.xpl"

17/06/17 20:36:33.829 08288 -    ] # win.xpl version 2.4.0.0

'My Documents' does not contain a file called "my documents\rxpGtn.xpl.log"

Regards,

David

It would be really nice to think, that after two weeks, some answers could be forthcoming as to why this RXP software has never worked.

I think, it is issue of installer.

After installing with error message you must go to your folder C:\ Program Data\...where installer at the time of the download saved the big .zip archive and unzip it to some folder.

You will see the unzipped folder - GTN_Trainer_disc_contents. In this folder activate the autorun and the Trainer & GTN Database will be installed on the disc C.

Then repeat the installation with main installer.

It must work.

• Upvote 1

Very disappointing.

I have reinstalled Reality XP's GTN750 for X-Plane (latest version) but the result is the same error message:-

"Setup could not install the extra files. The Garmin Trainer returned: The system cannot find the file specified. Setup will now continue installing but the product will fail running properly"

Yes indeed - just the same old blank screen on the GTN750 on X-Plane.

Please note that the Garmin trainer is installed fine - it works independently and also with the FSX version of your product.

The problem is that the RXP plug-in for X-Plane doesn't know where the Garmin trainer is!

Could you please explain, IN SIMPLE LANGUAGE (not tech speak) how I can correct this.

Thank you,

David

David, can you please the content of your 2 logs files again to compare?

David I'm in the same boat.  I purchased the software over a month ago and never did get it working.  Just gave up and wrote it off.  I'm not sure using the GTN trainer was the best way to do it.  It doesn't seem to like other software running.

6 hours ago, davidhorobin said:

Very disappointing.

I have reinstalled Reality XP's GTN750 for X-Plane (latest version) but the result is the same error message:-

"Setup could not install the extra files. The Garmin Trainer returned: The system cannot find the file specified. Setup will now continue installing but the product will fail running properly"

Yes indeed - just the same old blank screen on the GTN750 on X-Plane.

Please note that the Garmin trainer is installed fine - it works independently and also with the FSX version of your product.

The problem is that the RXP plug-in for X-Plane doesn't know where the Garmin trainer is!

Could you please explain, IN SIMPLE LANGUAGE (not tech speak) how I can correct this.

Thank you,

David

I had the same problem. I did what head_check said and it's working here.

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

8 hours ago, RXP said:

David, can you please the content of your 2 logs files again to compare?

Dear RXP

They look the same as before:-

rxpGtnSim.dll
17/06/26 19:52:16.272 13680 -    ] # rxpGtnSim64.dll version 2.4.0.0
17/06/26 19:52:33.769 13680 WARN ] can't find trainer installer path

rxpGTN.xpl
17/06/26 19:52:13.605 13680 -    ] # win.xpl version 2.4.0.0

6 hours ago, HWDALE said:

David I'm in the same boat.  I purchased the software over a month ago and never did get it working.  Just gave up and wrote it off.  I'm not sure using the GTN trainer was the best way to do it.  It doesn't seem to like other software running.

Dear HWDALE
That's a shame.
Having paid $49.95 for commercial software, you at least have an expectation that it will work.
There really are only two choices - get it working or claim a refund.
Flight1 tell me that you can claim a refund within a month of purchase but, if paid for by credit card, you could also get a refund from your card provider as the 'goods are not fit for purpose'
There is no doubt about this under consumer law.
I am very sorry to say that RealityXP seem content to take your money for a product that they know doesn't work.
I have been astonished at how difficult it is to get any semblance of support for this product.
The next few days will tell whether I can get mine working.
If I can't, I'm inclined to 'kick up some dust', as this situation really is too bad.
regards,
David

33 minutes ago, davidhorobin said:

Dear HWDALE
That's a shame.
Having paid $49.95 for commercial software, you at least have an expectation that it will work.
There really are only two choices - get it working or claim a refund.
Flight1 tell me that you can claim a refund within a month of purchase but, if paid for by credit card, you could also get a refund from your card provider as the 'goods are not fit for purpose'
There is no doubt about this under consumer law.
I am very sorry to say that RealityXP seem content to take your money for a product that they know doesn't work.
I have been astonished at how difficult it is to get any semblance of support for this product.
The next few days will tell whether I can get mine working.
If I can't, I'm inclined to 'kick up some dust', as this situation really is too bad.
regards,
David

Didn't you read what i just posted? I had the same problem and fixed it, why don't you try doing what the guy said instead of crying? Some people...

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White