Sign in to follow this  
MattDavies

PTA for Prepar3d v4 Released

For what it's worth - I first noticed this "disappearing shadows" thing happening with FSX and Steve's DX10 Fixer. It's possible that PTA code is triggering the same sort of side-effect.

I seem to remember Yuri moaning about it in a PM to me once, saying the LM P3D code uses *ancient* code inherited/untouched from even FS9. He was not impressed!

I see this effect quite often, sadly, and it plays havoc with my preset testing - but I've sort of got used to it. If there's a fix for it, I'm all ears!

As regards missing autogen, I'd hazard a guess that there's nothing *specific* about PTA that's causing it - just a general hit on both performance and memory useage, as some of the tweaks (not all) do impact performance.

Adam.

NZFSIM_Signature_257_60.png

Matt, kudos to you on PTA for P3Dv4.  You are a mainstay in the flightsim community and all your work is truly appreciated.  I just purchased PTA 2.5 and it is outstanding. I parted with my 20 dollars Canadian and have no problem supporting you and other developers. A very small price to pay for quality work. Ignore the complainers as they probably complain about most things. Keep up the outstanding work and a huge Thanks for your years of development.     Harv Stein    VATSIM5.

Harv Stein  zeide49@gmail.com    Founder VATSIM

3 hours ago, vatsim5 said:

Thanks for your years of development.

Years ?

Yes years.  Don't forget Project Fly which is also for the flightsim community. That didn't happen overnight. 

Harv Stein  zeide49@gmail.com    Founder VATSIM

Hello,

I can't find information about compatibility. Is it not possible to download freeware PTA v2.10 anymore? Is the new one compatible with P3D V3?

If I buy it, does it include every new version that will be released?

Thanks,

Thomas

Tomáš Pokorný

sign.php?call=160   signature-dark.png

SYSTEM -> CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K @ 5.0 GHz | GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 Ti @ 2027 MHz | RAM: 2x8 GB G.Skill Trident RGB 3200 MHz | MOBO: AsRock Z370 Extreme 4 | SSD: Kingston 256 GB, Samsung 860 EVO 1 TB | HDD: Western Digital 1 TB | CPU COOLER: Corsair H115i | CASE: Corsair Obsidian Series 750D | PSU: Seasonic Focus Gold 750W 

EQUIPMENT -> YOKE: Saitek Pro Flight Yoke System + Throttle Quadrant, Saitek X52 | RUDDER PEDALS: Saitek Pedals | CAMERA: TrackIR 5

18 hours ago, ThomassoCZ said:

Hello,

I can't find information about compatibility. Is it not possible to download freeware PTA v2.10 anymore? Is the new one compatible with P3D V3?

If I buy it, does it include every new version that will be released?

Thanks,

Thomas

PTA for P3D v3 is available for free by making an account at https://www.simtweaks.com and clicking "My Account". It'll automatically add a copy of it for you upon registration.

Matt Davies

Founder/CEO - Mettar Simulations

=====
Prepar3D Tweak Assistant (PTA) available here: https://www.simtweaks.com
projectFLY - one of the most used virtual aviation platforms (now with GLOBAL schedules):  https://www.projectfly.co.uk

4 hours ago, MattDavies said:

PTA for P3D v3 is available for free by making an account at https://www.simtweaks.com and clicking "My Account". It'll automatically add a copy of it for you upon registration.

Thank you, Matt!

Tomáš Pokorný

sign.php?call=160   signature-dark.png

SYSTEM -> CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K @ 5.0 GHz | GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 Ti @ 2027 MHz | RAM: 2x8 GB G.Skill Trident RGB 3200 MHz | MOBO: AsRock Z370 Extreme 4 | SSD: Kingston 256 GB, Samsung 860 EVO 1 TB | HDD: Western Digital 1 TB | CPU COOLER: Corsair H115i | CASE: Corsair Obsidian Series 750D | PSU: Seasonic Focus Gold 750W 

EQUIPMENT -> YOKE: Saitek Pro Flight Yoke System + Throttle Quadrant, Saitek X52 | RUDDER PEDALS: Saitek Pedals | CAMERA: TrackIR 5

Hi. 

How can I make a night a bit darker, specifically external view. This is what I ave now:

36366708782_ee694a13c9_b.jpg

35726213983_d12ef6268e_h.jpg

So night does not look like night. 

Thx for looking 

I9-13900K | ASUS ROG Strix Z790-E Gaming LGA 1700 | MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 24GB | CORSAIR iCUE H150i ELITE LCD Liquid Cooler | CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 64GB (2X36) 5200MHx DDR5 | Thermaltake GF3 1650W 80+ Gold PSU | Samsung QN90C Neo QLED TV 50”

Hi all,

Can I use PTA with undocked views to an other monitor? Has someone of yours experience ? I’am using P3D v4.

Best Regards, Nico Commijs

MS Pro W7 64, CM Storm, CM Silent Pro 1000 watt, 2 x VelociRaptor 450GB 10.000 rpm, MB Asus P6X58D-E, CPU i7-980, 6GB DDR3, Asus GeForce GTX480, Asus GeForce GTX460 • TripleHead ( 3 x 1280 x 1024 [ 3 x 1] ), CP-flight Pro MCP and Efis, 11 GoFlight modules, Saitek Throttle en Pedals • FSX, Prepar3D Academic, FTX-Orbx scenery, AeroSoft scenery, REX-essential, PMDG 737NGX, TOPCAT, AivlaSoft EFB, Plan-G, RealAir Lancair Legacy, Carenado C210, 208B • IVOA member, VA Transavia.com

1 minute ago, Nico Commijs said:

Hi all,

Can I use PTA with undocked views to an other monitor? Has someone of yours experience ? I’am using P3D v4.

Best Regards, Nico Commijs

Yes, it doesn't change how you use the core functionality of the sim.

Matt Davies

=====
projectFLY - one of the most used virtual aviation platforms (now with GLOBAL schedules):  https://www.projectfly.co.uk

Thank you Matt !

MS Pro W7 64, CM Storm, CM Silent Pro 1000 watt, 2 x VelociRaptor 450GB 10.000 rpm, MB Asus P6X58D-E, CPU i7-980, 6GB DDR3, Asus GeForce GTX480, Asus GeForce GTX460 • TripleHead ( 3 x 1280 x 1024 [ 3 x 1] ), CP-flight Pro MCP and Efis, 11 GoFlight modules, Saitek Throttle en Pedals • FSX, Prepar3D Academic, FTX-Orbx scenery, AeroSoft scenery, REX-essential, PMDG 737NGX, TOPCAT, AivlaSoft EFB, Plan-G, RealAir Lancair Legacy, Carenado C210, 208B • IVOA member, VA Transavia.com

Hi just purchased the PTA from Matt and while I run it I get the following message and I don't know how to fix it

could you please help me what to do?

ERROR: shader file ..............\prepar3D v4\ShadersHLSL\General.fx is not original Prepar3D shader and can't be used.

please how I do?

On 8/19/2017 at 8:54 AM, georgiosgiannoukos said:

Hi just purchased the PTA from Matt and while I run it I get the following message and I don't know how to fix it

could you please help me what to do?

ERROR: shader file ..............\prepar3D v4\ShadersHLSL\General.fx is not original Prepar3D shader and can't be used.

please how I do?

Send me an email: matt.davies@projectfly.co.uk and I'll help you.

Matt Davies

=====

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.