<Path>C:\MyTraffic Professional\MyTraffic</Path>
<Name>MyTraffic6</Name>
</AddOn.Component>
<AddOn.Component>
<Category>Sound</Category>
<Path>Content\Sound</Path>
</AddOn.Component>
</SimBase.Document>

Just to confirm,   You have checked the correct spelling of your add-on.xml file Yes ? 

Also,  You are sure that My Traffic 6 is Installed to the Default C Drive location ? 

First:  Delete your add-ons.cfg file located below,  This file will generate again if your add-on.xml file is set up correct 

Location:  Local Disk (c): > Users > You > AppData > Roaming > Lockheed Martin > Prepar3D v4  -  add-ons.cfg    (If there is no file here, That's ok) 

As a process of elimination......

Leave out the sound entry for now anyway

Copy and Paste the below entry into your add-on.xml file,  Save it,  Launch prepar3D and test,   You should be prompted to  "enable My Traffic 6"   after you launch Prepar3D 

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<SimBase.Document Type="AddOnXml" version="4,0" id="add-on">
<AddOn.Name>MyTraffic6</AddOn.Name>
<AddOn.Description>MyTraffic6.</AddOn.Description>

<AddOn.Component>
<Category>SimObjects</Category>
<Path>C:\MyTraffic Professional\MyTraffic\Aircraft</Path>
</AddOn.Component>

<AddOn.Component>
<Category>Scenery</Category>
<Name>MyTrafficScenery</Name>
<Layer>114</Layer>
</AddOn.Component>

</SimBase.Document>

If this works,  You can then add back in the sound entry and maybe remove the <Layer> entry if you want 

Thanks for your trouble Elaine but I've certainly got something wrong here, I don't have a add-on.cfg file in C: > Users > You > AppData > Roaming > Lockheed Martin > Prepar3D v4  -  add-ons.cfg, and yep add-on.xml is spelt right, I've copied and pasted the above text but no change at all, it's obviously me because the system works but I'm not the fizziest drink in the fridge when it comes to this type of thing. I have a add-on.cfg file in C:\ ProgramData\ LockheedMartin\Prepar3Dv4\Add-ons.

Cheers Rod.

59 minutes ago, doublebubble said:

Roger,

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<SimBase.Document Type="AddOnXml" version="4,0" id="add-on">
<AddOn.Name>MyTraffic6</AddOn.Name>
<AddOn.Description>MyTraffic6</AddOn.Description>
<AddOn.Component>
<Category>SimObjects</Category>
<Path>C:\MyTraffic Professional\MyTraffic\Aircraft</Path>
</AddOn.Component>
<AddOn.Component>
<Category>Scenery</Category>
<Name>MyTraffic6</Name>
</AddOn.Component>
<AddOn.Component>
<Category>Sound</Category>
<Path>Content\Sound</Path>
</AddOn.Component>
</SimBase.Document>

I don't believe an add-ons.cfg file gets created until you accept your first add-on. My config file has 3 things in it because I have added 3 add-ons: A2A C172, MT6, and the Turbine Duke. Since you haven't successfully added anything there won't be a file yet.

So not to beat a horse it sounds like you copied and pasted the text into a file named add-on.xml and put it in a folder that you created called MyTraffic6 in the Prepare3D v4 Add-ons folder and you are sure you didn't accidentally put it in the v3 Add-ons folder because there is also one of those from the P3Dv3 install that nobody used.  

C>Users>Name>Documents>Prepare3D v4 Add-ons>MyTraffic6>add-on.xml

Since I put the sound file also in the path I also have a Content folder and a Sound folder with the file called bmflaps.wav explained earlier in this post so that folder order looks like this:

C>Users>Name>Documents>Prepare3D v4 Add-ons>MyTraffic6>Content>Sound>bmflaps.wav

The added Level identifier is so the file doesn't get placed at the top of the scenery library because it can't be manually moved and 99% of the time 114 puts it where it needs to be as I discussed earlier.

So did you:

Put everything in the appropriate v4 folders?

Add the Content>Sound folder with the wav file in it?

Are you sure MyTraffic6 is installed at the C drive level like this:

C>MyTraffic Professional>MyTraffic>Aircraft     with everything spelled exactly like that?

If you have done all of this and start P3Dv4 and don't get the accept Yes or No at start-up I'm am very surprised and confused because this process has worked for dozens and dozens of people.

Sorry it has been so difficult for you!

Joe

Joe (Southern California)

SystemI9-9900KS @5.1Ghz/ Corsair H115i / Gigabyte A-390 Master / EVGA RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 Hybrid w 11Gb / Trident 32Gb DDR4-3200 C14 / Evo 970 2Tb M.2 / Samsung 40inch TV 40ku6300 4K w/ Native 30 hz capability  / Corsair AX850 PS / VKB Gunfighter Pro / Virpil MongoosT-50 Throttle / MFG Crosswind Pedals /   LINDA, VoiceAttack, ChasePlane, AIG AI, MCE, FFTF, Pilot2ATC, HP Reverb G2

On 6/2/2017 at 6:36 PM, Lorby_SI said:

These steps are the recommended way how addons get added to Prepar3D V4 as per official LM specification. No editing or altering of any simulator config files is necessary (except the hack to disable default traffic).

Plus, the added content is not destroyed when the next P3D update is rolled out.

Best regards

If you have a lot of folders with addon.xml - Do they get loaded into memory by P3D when it starts,?

Thanks for the instructions by the way.

1 hour ago, ideoplastic said:

If you have a lot of folders with addon.xml - Do they get loaded into memory by P3D when it starts,?

Thanks for the instructions by the way.

Yes, they get read every time.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Here's something odd.

My P3D V4 loads normally in 15 secs to Scenario screen. (Love my SSD!)

I've followed the instructions above copying and pasting

P3D asks if I want to use the add on, then reorganises the scenery.

And then takes over 60 seconds to get to scenario screen!

Then when I load somewhere the AI traffic loads for just a second and then disappears.

Think I'll do without Traffic for now - or do it the old fashioned way.

UK P3DV5 and Xplane 11 Simmer
PilotEdge I11, CAT11, A-Z (ZLA), A-Z (WUS)

System details: Gigabyte P57v7 CF2 17.3" laptop. Kaby Lake i7 7700HQ CPU (averaging 3.4mhz). NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 8mb (laptop version), 16 GB of DDR4-2400 RAM, SSD - Samsung 970 Evo  500GB M.2 NVMe, 1TB HDD 7200.

19 minutes ago, Dean33 said:

Here's something odd.

My P3D V4 loads normally in 15 secs to Scenario screen. (Love my SSD!)

I've followed the instructions above copying and pasting

P3D asks if I want to use the add on, then reorganises the scenery.

And then takes over 60 seconds to get to scenario screen!

Then when I load somewhere the AI traffic loads for just a second and then disappears.

Think I'll do without Traffic for now - or do it the old fashioned way.

Everyone needs to be careful when reading posts that are meant to help someone with a specific issue, if you look a few pages back you'll see my full post with this at the end:

btw: to disable default traffic do it the usual way: rename "C:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Scenery\World\scenery\trafficAircraft.bgl" to "C:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Scenery\World\scenery\trafficAircraft.bgl.off".

Did you do this?

Also MT6 when added always increases the load time by about 3 to 4 times it did that in v3 and is no different in v4

Joe

Joe (Southern California)

SystemI9-9900KS @5.1Ghz/ Corsair H115i / Gigabyte A-390 Master / EVGA RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 Hybrid w 11Gb / Trident 32Gb DDR4-3200 C14 / Evo 970 2Tb M.2 / Samsung 40inch TV 40ku6300 4K w/ Native 30 hz capability  / Corsair AX850 PS / VKB Gunfighter Pro / Virpil MongoosT-50 Throttle / MFG Crosswind Pedals /   LINDA, VoiceAttack, ChasePlane, AIG AI, MCE, FFTF, Pilot2ATC, HP Reverb G2

Thanks Joe 

Yes I did turn off the original Bgl. 

Interesting feedback on load time. 

Cheers

Dean

UK P3DV5 and Xplane 11 Simmer
PilotEdge I11, CAT11, A-Z (ZLA), A-Z (WUS)

System details: Gigabyte P57v7 CF2 17.3" laptop. Kaby Lake i7 7700HQ CPU (averaging 3.4mhz). NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 8mb (laptop version), 16 GB of DDR4-2400 RAM, SSD - Samsung 970 Evo  500GB M.2 NVMe, 1TB HDD 7200.

10 hours ago, joepoway said:

I don't believe an add-ons.cfg file gets created until you accept your first add-on. My config file has 3 things in it because I have added 3 add-ons: A2A C172, MT6, and the Turbine Duke. Since you haven't successfully added anything there won't be a file yet.

So not to beat a horse it sounds like you copied and pasted the text into a file named add-on.xml and put it in a folder that you created called MyTraffic6 in the Prepare3D v4 Add-ons folder and you are sure you didn't accidentally put it in the v3 Add-ons folder because there is also one of those from the P3Dv3 install that nobody used.  

C>Users>Name>Documents>Prepare3D v4 Add-ons>MyTraffic6>add-on.xml

Since I put the sound file also in the path I also have a Content folder and a Sound folder with the file called bmflaps.wav explained earlier in this post so that folder order looks like this:

C>Users>Name>Documents>Prepare3D v4 Add-ons>MyTraffic6>Content>Sound>bmflaps.wav

The added Level identifier is so the file doesn't get placed at the top of the scenery library because it can't be manually moved and 99% of the time 114 puts it where it needs to be as I discussed earlier.

So did you:

Put everything in the appropriate v4 folders?

Add the Content>Sound folder with the wav file in it?

Are you sure MyTraffic6 is installed at the C drive level like this:

C>MyTraffic Professional>MyTraffic>Aircraft     with everything spelled exactly like that?

If you have done all of this and start P3Dv4 and don't get the accept Yes or No at start-up I'm am very surprised and confused because this process has worked for dozens and dozens of people.

Sorry it has been so difficult for you!

Joe

Thanks for your patience Joe, Elaine, but it is just not happening, I've double checked everything that been described but no joy, don't know what to do at this stage, as your last sentence put's it Joe surprised and confused.

Cheers Rod.

4 minutes ago, doublebubble said:

Thanks for your patience Joe, Elaine, but it is just not happening, I've double checked everything that been described but no joy, don't know what to do at this stage, as your last sentence put's it Joe surprised and confused.

Cheers Rod.

Hi Rod,

check these two files if your addon package (or any package at all!) shows up in there, and if it is active or not (it has a tag to that effect):

C:\Program Data\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D V4\add-ons.cfg

C:\Users\<you>\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D V4\add-ons.cfg

(In the P3D GUI it should be visible in the Options->Add-ons menu, which shows the content of these two cfg files)

Best regards

LORBY-SI

2 hours ago, Lorby_SI said:

Hi Rod,

check these two files if your addon package (or any package at all!) shows up in there, and if it is active or not (it has a tag to that effect):

C:\Program Data\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D V4\add-ons.cfg

C:\Users\<you>\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D V4\add-ons.cfg

(In the P3D GUI it should be visible in the Options->Add-ons menu, which shows the content of these two cfg files)

Best regards

Hi Oliver, your patience is appreciated, C:\Program Data\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D V4\add-ons.cfg, there is an addon cfg folder which is empty, C:\Users\My Name\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D V4\add-ons.cfg, there is no cfg (folder) in there of that name, upon opening P3DV4 and choosing Options->Add-ons menu the box is empty saying no add-ons have been chosen; does this make any sense?

Cheers Rod.

43 minutes ago, doublebubble said:

Hi Oliver, your patience is appreciated, C:\Program Data\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D V4\add-ons.cfg, there is an addon cfg folder which is empty, C:\Users\My Name\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D V4\add-ons.cfg, there is no cfg (folder) in there of that name, upon opening P3DV4 and choosing Options->Add-ons menu the box is empty saying no add-ons have been chosen; does this make any sense?

Cheers Rod.

Hi Rod,

the cfgs are not folders, but files, that you open with NotePad++.

What this tells me is, that your add-on.xml is not discovered automatically. If it were, it would be in the add-ons.cfg in AppData/Roaming.

There can be two reasons for this. Either the path where you saved the add-on.xml is incorrect or the file has an incorrect encoding. Enable the content errror logging in P3D (first page of the settings) and take a look at the resulting file in "\Documents\Prepar3D V4 Files". If there is something wrong with your XML, it should show up there. Doublecheck that your have saved your add-on.xml in the correct folder. Post the complete path here (C:\Users\....\add-on.xml) if you are not sure.

Alternatively, use my (free) Addon Organizer tool to add MT6. This will take care of paths and encoding. Check the sticky thread on top of this forum or my Lorby-SI support forum, section "Freeware".

Best regards

LORBY-SI

5 hours ago, Lorby_SI said:

Hi Rod,

the cfgs are not folders, but files, that you open with NotePad++.

What this tells me is, that your add-on.xml is not discovered automatically. If it were, it would be in the add-ons.cfg in AppData/Roaming.

There can be two reasons for this. Either the path where you saved the add-on.xml is incorrect or the file has an incorrect encoding. Enable the content errror logging in P3D (first page of the settings) and take a look at the resulting file in "\Documents\Prepar3D V4 Files". If there is something wrong with your XML, it should show up there. Doublecheck that your have saved your add-on.xml in the correct folder. Post the complete path here (C:\Users\....\add-on.xml) if you are not sure.

Alternatively, use my (free) Addon Organizer tool to add MT6. This will take care of paths and encoding. Check the sticky thread on top of this forum or my Lorby-SI support forum, section "Freeware".

Best regards

Thankyou Oliver and all that played patience with me I now have it working, I knew it had to be me, it was quite simple really, I was just saving the xml file not saving it AS an xml file, once I did that out of frustration bingo all good, so again thankyou all.:blush:

Cheers Rod.

55 minutes ago, doublebubble said:

Thankyou Oliver and all that played patience with me I now have it working, I knew it had to be me, it was quite simple really, I was just saving the xml file not saving it AS an xml file, once I did that out of frustration bingo all good, so again thankyou all.:blush:

Cheers Rod.

So you got it working AND had a learning experience. Not a bad thing at all.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors