Sign in to follow this  
spearmint_flyer

NECROPOST:Horrendous FSDT LAX ground texture

Wait you guys see this only since v4? I've seen that in v3 all the time and just accepted it as a the way FSDT sceneries work.

cu
Roman

5 hours ago, romangeber said:

Wait you guys see this only since v4? I've seen that in v3 all the time and just accepted it as a the way FSDT sceneries work.

cu
Roman

Way to revive a thread. Funny thing is I just started seeing it again last night. Did a live update to see if that will fix it 

Signature.png

Follow me on : Instagram

See my Trailer: A Year Of Flight

To be honest I get that effect with dynamic lights in many airports, none of which is FSDTs (I have none). I always took it for a general shortcoming with the way dynamic lighting interacts with some asphalt textures.

21 minutes ago, ha5mvo said:

To be honest I get that effect with dynamic lights in many airports, none of which is FSDTs (I have none). I always took it for a general shortcoming with the way dynamic lighting interacts with some asphalt textures.

Of course you see it in every airport that is made with proper ground textures, including normal maps. It won't appear on airports with just a plain color texture, which of course will look very flat and unrealistic at every time of the day.

The only issue is, since normal maps are more visible with dynamic lights, it's usually require to tone them down for dynamic lighting.

But the FINAL effect depends on all of these:

- the screen resolution

- the antialiasing mode

- the strength AND the angle of the dynamic light used by the airplane

- the eventual usage of a tweaker like PTA

- the hdr settings on the sim

- the individual user definition of "weird"

It's basically impossible to create a texture the will always look equally good with all these changing variables.

Edited by virtuali

I don't see any benefit in reviving this old thread. If someone has new issues, feel free to start a new thread but this one is gone.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors