Sign in to follow this  
flynman33

P3v4 CTDs

Recommended Posts

For the most part I am enjoying V4 when I dont get a CTD.

After a flight anywhere from 2 to 6 hours with PMDG I will click on a knob or a gauge or use the keyboard to change views and it CTDS and leaves no error in Event viewer or APP Crash.

Does anyone have an idea what is going on?

Thanks

Randy

Share this post


Link to post
Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

In Win 10  it's extremely rare for an app to disappear and not leave a crash log under application events. When this happens it's usually hardware related. It could be a bad RAM chip, a failing hard drive, etc..

I suppose that I should also ask how much physical  RAM  is installed and whether you have a large enough Windows swap drive.

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, jabloomf1230 said:

In Win 10  it's extremely rare for an app to disappear and not leave a crash log under application events. When this happens it's usually hardware related. It could be a bad RAM chip, a failing hard drive, etc..

I suppose that I should also ask how much physical  RAM  is installed and whether you have a large enough Windows swap drive.

16GB RAM running on Win7. FULL Specs are listed below.

 

Share this post


Link to post

i understand his problem, because i have the same problem, not always but regulary

i have some cdt with no event available, with appcrashview too

i suspect a problem with simconnect because all my software are install in a network laptop, and i often need to restart as16 for V4 because the sim and as don't communicate, pro atcX too.

 

Share this post


Link to post

This maybe nothing more than coincidence but after disabling the nvidea audio driver (which installs if you choose the default install method),  I have not had any CTDs. Am i ready to say this was the culprit? No, but it is a possibility.

Share this post


Link to post
13 minutes ago, tamsini said:

This maybe nothing more than coincidence but after disabling the nvidea audio driver (which installs if you choose the default install method),  I have not had any CTDs. Am i ready to say this was the culprit? No, but it is a possibility.

The only time you need the nvidia HD audio to install is if you are using audio via the HDMI output. On my system it screwed up my regular audio. I will never use the default install again. 

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, Bobsk8 said:

The only time you need the nvidia HD audio to install is if you are using audio via the HDMI output. On my system it screwed up my regular audio. I will never use the default install again. 

Thanks Bob. I was actually wondering what this did. 

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this