Sign in to follow this  
rightseat

Directions, please?

Hi Gents, and Ladies,

I feel like it's almost time to make the move to the 64bit Prepared, but I'm having a hard time turning loose of $200 for the base sim, especially since it seems/looks (to me, and I know I know nothing) like only a beefed up FSX. 

So, if any of you would be so patient and kind as to point me toward a good, trustworthy review or thread that proves that it's worth the expense, I would really, really appreciate it. I trust your opinions here more than a published review somewhere, but any honest advice would be sincerely appreciated.

Thanks. :-)

Scott

There is NO single thread that will do what you want. Just browse the forum and make your decision. Remember, there is a money back guarantee from LM so try it and make your own decision.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

1 hour ago, rightseat said:

I feel like it's almost time to make the move to the 64bit Prepared, but I'm having a hard time turning loose of $200 for the base sim, especially since it seems/looks (to me, and I know I know nothing) like only a beefed up FSX. 

So, if any of you would be so patient and kind as to point me toward a good, trustworthy review or thread that proves that it's worth the expense, I would really, really appreciate it. I trust your opinions here more than a published review somewhere, but any honest advice would be sincerely appreciated.

Just download it and give it a try and return it if you want within 60 days. It is much more than a beefed up FSX, but you really have to try it. 

• Upvote 1

spacer.png

REX AccuSeason Developer

REX Simulations

Rightseat, another way to look at upgrading is the following... Many of us upgraded our hardware over the last two years, but never achieved good results in our sim due to the 32bit limitation, since P3D v4 released using the 64bit architecture this upgrade was easy to justify the $200 Dollars... I am sure others will agree, but if your system is older and you have not made those hardware upgrades, I suggest you upgrade your hardware first, and then make the jump to the new platform, by then hopefully the vendors have upgraded their software from 32 to 64bit coding and most of the bugs are worked out of P3Dv4...

Just a thought, I too agree with everyone else about LM refund policy.... But if your system is lacking you might not be happy with P3Dv4 upgrade...

Again, just my thoughts, what ever decision is yours, but at least we finally have P3D in a 64bit platform.

Good luck, on your qwest.. :-)

• Upvote 2

Thanks, John. I appreciate you taking the time to write so fully. I especially am grateful that you mention hardware considerations as well. I hadn't considered that as much as I should have. Thankfully, my computer is less than a year old and made specifically for simming (and writing this damn pleading for a client at 3 in the morning!). But I think I will take the plunge and use the safety net of the LM refund (which I think is pretty awesome of them). I wish all developers did the same. :-)

Rep given and deserved.

Best,

Scott 

Honestly, i'm still flying around gawping at how good this sim now looks once you've tweaked settings to max out the limits of your hardware. It really is something else now... go for it. You really will not be disappointed, and this is only the start...

• Upvote 1

I will throw in my 2 cents here; generic install seemed to be a new version 3 IMHO. Added ORBX Global & US Land Class and it's a whole new ball game and becoming my number one sim (and I have them all). Those two items completely change the complexity of this program.

• Upvote 1

Regards,

Pivot

i9-10900k * 64Gb Ram * MSI RTX 4070 Ti Gaming X Trio * Steel Series Arctis Pro Wireless Headset * Win11 Home x64 * Oculus Rift-S * Tobii ET 5 * TM Warthog Combo, Honeycomb Alpha & Saitek Pro-Rudders

It's more a matter of aircrafts and scenery that you choose to fly with, which determines whether you should upgrade. I fly the oldies, which are not as demanding on memory, so I am perfectly happy with 32 bits.

Also, while it's fun and exciting to jump ship, it's always wiser to wait until things have settled down a bit.

It's just possible that 6 months from now, a new sim might grab the spotlight for the future.

Gone are the days of one single sim, so the decision to switch is a bit more complex.

tony

• Upvote 1

Thanks everyone for your input. It's hard to jump ship with so much money wrapped up into FSX (and FS9 too). I tried XP, but I guess I just like what I'm comfortable with, and P3D seems to be fairly similar in terms of the basics to the MSFS stuff. Haven't pulled the trigger yet, but maybe right after this next week.

Going on no sleep for 45 hours now.... un fun.

:-)

ok - OP is satisfied - so am i.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors