Sign in to follow this  
captain420

Dynamic lights on+FSDT KIAH runway = extreme noise

I am aware of the other thread about this, but since the people in there were specifically talking about KLAX. I will address my concerns here instead. Plus my other thread got locked due to the confusion.

I have taken a screenshot to demonstrate the problem that I am seeing on the runway at night when dynamic lights are on and shining at them. It gets worse when the plane is in motion and makes me dizzy just looking at the runway. This is what I see:

runway.jpg

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I have a question related to this. When Flightbeam Studios made all of their scenery compatible with v4 did they re-export BOTH the code elements AND the model elements of a product using the developer/SDK tools that were provided by Lockheed Martin for use with Prepar3D v4?

The last part of that question is a quote from Robert on the PMDG General forum. The post is here: 

I understand this is a question I should post on the Flightbeam forum but I wonder if all of the problems we are having with dynamic lighting is due to addons not properly exported with the new v4 SDK. 

Im sorry I just realized you mentioned FSDT not Flightbeam. My mistake, but the question still stands. Did FSDT use the v4 SDK and re-export their scenery? 

I'm fairly certain that these questions are better asked on the respective developers forums. You'll (quite possibly) also get an answer for your inquiries faster that way... 

I am getting microstutters at KIAH somehow. And at day I am having runway flickering. This issue does occur with a few FSDT airports I have.