Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

A nice VFR day, over mid-Michigan...

Scenery looks like Michigan and great looking airport!

HLJAMES

Thanks HL...started around Flint, and then headed about halfway to Lake Michigan, and then turned south for a bit, to the airport.  I like to follow interstates, as you know you will hit all the main cities and towns along the route, to Mason Jewett Field, Mason County.

@HLJames

As a big fan of orthoscenery, I'm amazed you haven't copied Mitch and started making your own scenery in X-Plane 11 :biggrin:

Hi Mitch,

I really love the terrain, but... why are your shots so dark? Your earlier shots did not look like that. Are you using some kind of reshade?
Just curious.

@barrel_owl

I think he is using BluFX and maybe reshade

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus

2 hours ago, barrel_owl said:

Hi Mitch,

I really love the terrain, but... why are your shots so dark? Your earlier shots did not look like that. Are you using some kind of reshade?
Just curious.

Yes, I was using a 'mood' theme, called Extra Gloomy. It really gives depth-of-color to the terrain. I find the normal pallet-rise of XP, and even my copy of P3D v3.x  too 'pastel'. I also like mood, and have been asked before, even in my P3D shots, why my 'world' is a little darker (moodier) than what most people are used to.  Just a personal pref, Barrel. I will shoot a few shots of KFNT, and taking off...will shoot down I-75 towards Detroit, with XP as normal, no after-processing and will show you the same ortho at XP standard. Will come back to this thread  entry, with a post edit few shots to show you the difference.  Cheers,

Mitch

Post edit:  Barrel, here are shots of KFNT, (no post processing) with my turning north, over Flint, and then south over I-75...to give you views in and out of the cockpit with no post processing. This is what anybody's copy of XP11 would look like under similar conditions:

This is my FBO of KFNT (Flint-Bishop) and these are shots of what Flint, Michigan looks like captured with BI(ng) sat, at z17:  

Shots of KFNT from the ground, and in the air. I can't tell you how many times in real life, I have shot across I-75 on final to R09/27 at dusk...and it is quite an amazing view...all those people...going about their lives...upon I-75!  :))))  Hope you like...

Cheers,

Mitch

Cessna_172_SP_110.png

Cessna_172_SP_111.png

Cessna_172_SP_112.png

Cessna_172_SP_113.png

Cessna_172_SP_114.png

Cessna_172_SP_115.png

Cessna_172_SP_116.png

Cessna_172_SP_117.png

Cessna_172_SP_118.png

Cessna_172_SP_119.png

Cessna_172_SP_120.png

Cessna_172_SP_121.png

Cessna_172_SP_122.png

Cessna_172_SP_123.png

Cessna_172_SP_125.png

Cessna_172_SP_127.png

Cessna_172_SP_128.png

Cessna_172_SP_126.png

Cessna_172_SP_129.png

51 minutes ago, HumptyDumpty said:

@barrel_owl

I think he is using BluFX and maybe reshade

Correct, Zulfiqar, my setting for this series of shots is Extra Gloomy of BlueFX. I'm going to right now fire up XP and take off from KFNT...with a few with no after-processing...for him.

Post Edit:  Just took the series for Barrel, and are above this post. :)

1 hour ago, tonywob said:

@HLJames

As a big fan of orthoscenery, I'm amazed you haven't copied Mitch and started making your own scenery in X-Plane 11 :biggrin:

"Tony...Tony...you're sending him off to see the Wizard....and once down the Yellow Brick Road....well....YOU KNOW!" :cool:

Thanks a lot, Mitch.

I definitely prefer the normal default light with no reshades and post-processing. Your second batch of shots looks stunning, in my view.
But again, as you said yourself, this is strictly personal.

8 minutes ago, barrel_owl said:

Thanks a lot, Mitch.

I definitely prefer the normal default light with no reshades and post-processing. Your second batch of shots looks stunning, in my view.
But again, as you said yourself, this is strictly personal.

Right Barrel,...and that's the beauty of it...you can get 'your XP 10 or 11', to BE, your XP10 or 11!!!!!! :)

Cheers, 

1 hour ago, Sesquashtoo said:

Post Edit:  Just took the series for Barrel, and are above this post. :)

What sky color are you using ? 

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus

11 minutes ago, HumptyDumpty said:

What sky color are you using ? 

No processing on the sky, but whatever xEnviro dishes out...all my shots are with that in play. :)

Hey Barrel, here's a couple more....before I shoot over now to Europe! :)

I truly am a highway hound...:)

Cessna_172_SP_130.png

Cessna_172_SP_131.png

• Upvote 1