Sign in to follow this  
ideoplastic

Sound issue V4

When using PMDG aircraft and while in dense cloud/weather (AS for P3D4), the sound starts to degrade the equivalent of sound stuttering. This has only happened to me in V4. I am using the Asus Z97-K onboard sound. Would disabling the onboard sound and installing a separate sound card help? Or is this problem being caused by something else. Looking for some advice/feedback from anyone who has experienced  this issue.

Regards

1 hour ago, ideoplastic said:

When using PMDG aircraft and while in dense cloud/weather (AS for P3D4), the sound starts to degrade the equivalent of sound stuttering. This has only happened to me in V4. I am using the Asus Z97-K onboard sound. Would disabling the onboard sound and installing a separate sound card help? Or is this problem being caused by something else. Looking for some advice/feedback from anyone who has experienced  this issue.

Regards

Just a wild guess but you could try setting:

Control Panel/Sound/Communications/When Windows detects com activity/Do nothing.

gb.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

You might also check Control Panel/Sound/playback/(speaker)/properties/advanced and see if sound is set at 16 bit 44,100 Hz (CD quality)

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's

Thank you for the replies, been away all weekend and will test this evening.

Regards

On board sound cards do use the cpu for the processing of sound files.  With an aircraft like a PMDG, which has numerous high fidelity sound files, add in some dense cloud cover, and you have a recipe for stutters. A quality, dedicated sound card will process the sound files without bothering the cpu.

Cheers

Hello,

I came up on this thread on sound studdering but didn't see a resolution.

I am using an ASUS Xonar DG audio device with the onboard soundcard disabled, and I'm getting the same kind of bad studders, especially with engine sounds.

I have gone into my control panel and tried several settings but the stuttering persists.

I am running an i7 3.20GHz CPU with 64Gigs of RAM and a 1080Ti graphics card.

Is this something that is just a problem with ASUS cards?  If I go back to a SoundBlaster might that resolve the problem?

Thank you,

Bob

17 hours ago, signmanbob said:

Is this something that is just a problem with ASUS cards?  If I go back to a SoundBlaster might that resolve the problem?

Maybe. First step would be to try the onboard and see if things improve. ?

gb.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

3 hours ago, gboz said:

Maybe. First step would be to try the onboard and see if things improve. ?

gb.

I might try that gb. Thank you.