Sign in to follow this  
orbmis

xMSAA vs xSSAA Comparison

As SSAA is killing my frames here with dynamic lighting (GTX 970) I use 8xMSAA without problems.

It is not as good as the 4xSSAA I was used too, but a good compromise if you want DL.

BUT: the best tip is to diable HDR which produces on my system a lot of shimmering!

HDR off and 8xMSAA is quite good. Using PTA does also a good job without HDR then.

• Upvote 1

Guenter Steiner
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

7 hours ago, guenseli said:

BUT: the best tip is to diable HDR which produces on my system a lot of shimmering!

HDR off and 8xMSAA is quite good. Using PTA does also a good job without HDR then.

Does anyone know why that is?  I posted a while ago and didn't get a response.  I like HDR lighting but the shimmering drives me nuts.  

Also, are there any objects that when loaded take a big hit when using SSAA?  I tried using SSAA 4x and it usually was able to hold a steady 25 FPS but there were a few random spots on approach or taxiing around the airport that took quite a dip.  A minute later my FPS were back to normal.  I'm starting to wonder if it was internal vehicle shadows and related to my direction and how the shadows appear (I only use internal/external vehicle shadows).  

5800x3d Asus 4090 ROG Strix OC 2TB SSD 32GB Ram

For me 4 x SSAA cures shimmering particularly from orbx night lighting.  The downside is at night using dynamic lights with something like the PMDG 737 + 4xSSAA is a frame killer unless LM optimises further.  This is me using a 1070 + i7 4790k at 4.4Ghz.

Thomas Derbyshire

Yeah I'm on a 1060 and sometimes I can use 4x SSAA which does a great job with shimmering.  Then, at random times, my FPS tank at the same airport that just ran smooth on a different flight.  I have no idea why but some object near the airport has a big FPS hit for whatever reason.

5800x3d Asus 4090 ROG Strix OC 2TB SSD 32GB Ram

Hi guys, I'm using gtx 1080 and in P3D4 8xSSAA, what kind of value would be better to put in nVidia Inspector? Actually I've set

Antialising Setting - 4xS (Combined)

Antialising Transprency Supersamplin 4x Supersampling

Thanks,

Riccardo

OS: Windows 10-64 bit, CPU: i7-7700K @4.20 GHz, GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 G1 8GB GDDR5, RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 32GB 3000MHz, MB: MSI Z270

Riccardo -- just FYI -- this thread is just about 2 years old. I would start a new one with your question.

A number of people have commented that NI causes issues with their P3D v4+. You may want to experiment with it installed and without it installed.

P.

Gigabyte x670 Aorus Elite AX MB; AMD 7800X3D CPU; Deepcool LT520 AIO Cooler; 64 Gb G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO DDR5 6000; Win11 Pro; P3D V5.4; 1 Samsung 990 2Tb NVMe SSD: 1 Crucial 4Tb MX500 SATA SSD; 1 Samsung 860 1Tb SSD; Gigabyte Aorus Extreme 1080ti 11Gb VRAM; Toshiba 43" LED TV @ 4k; Honeycomb Bravo.

7 hours ago, riccardo74 said:

Hi guys, I'm using gtx 1080 and in P3D4 8xSSAA, what kind of value would be better to put in nVidia Inspector? Actually I've set

Antialising Setting - 4xS (Combined)

Antialising Transprency Supersamplin 4x Supersampling

Thanks,

With 8SSAA in the sim you should not need to set anything in Inspector.
Definitely don't use any Antialising Transparency Supersampling unless you want to bring your computer to it's knees.

gb.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

So it's better not to use Inspector at all? both for P3D3 and P3D4?

Riccardo

OS: Windows 10-64 bit, CPU: i7-7700K @4.20 GHz, GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 G1 8GB GDDR5, RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 32GB 3000MHz, MB: MSI Z270