Dicko

PMDG_737NGX_2.dll APPCRASH when closing FSX

Hopefully someone has some advice for me,

I recently upgraded my NGX to the latest version using Roberts' advice of a clean install. My issue is now when I close FSX I get an APPCRASH message with the fault module name PMDG_737NGX_2.dll.

This did not happen prior to upgrade.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Andrew Dixon

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Just an update,

PMDG_777X_2.dll gives the same error as the PMDG_737NGX_2.dll when exiting FSX. These appear to be Flexnet security activation modules that give an error.

The previous versions did not give an error.

Regards

Andrew Dixon

Andrew,

We have a few reports from some users about this.

We are evaluating, but it is a very low priority right now because it isn't affecting anyone while simming.  We have a few higher priority items that are affecting people WHILE simming- so we want to knock those down first.

Once we find what is causing this, we will kill it too... 

Thanks Robert for the reply. I have rolled back for the present and will update once a solution is sourced.

4 hours ago, Dicko said:

Thanks Robert for the reply. I have rolled back for the present and will update once a solution is sourced.

Just out of curiosity, why would one go back to a previous version when this crash is only occurring when you are intentionally closing the sim? Granted, a crash issue should be addressed, but why sacrifice using the latest version when the only negative effect is that the sim crashes instead of closing normally when you're going to intentionally close it. Crashing mid-flight? Sure...but when going to close the sim anyway?

Hi Kyle,

FSX was running very well on my system prior to the upgrade why introduce an issue? Its just me. When a fix is offered I will then upgrade.

Ultimately I will upgrade my PC and move to P3D4 and I reckon that wont be too far down the track.:biggrin:

8 minutes ago, Dicko said:

FSX was running very well on my system prior to the upgrade why introduce an issue? Its just me. When a fix is offered I will then upgrade.

Fair enough, and that makes sense to a certain degree. Was still curious, so I asked.