Sign in to follow this  
bobnv

Virtual cockpit unreadable buttons

20 minutes ago, PMDG777 said:

Not true at all. I run Dynamic lights on with a GTX780M and get no FPS drop, because I'm not pushing SSAA which is a known performance killer. And the same has been reported by a large number of others.

Edit: Just loaded up the 777, switched on every single light with DL enabled, locked solid at 30 FPS.

Look at the jump in GPU usage when he turns on the lights.

xxwAU.pngUzJYY.png

1 minute ago, Ioan92 said:

I never said otherwise, what I did say was SSAA is the killer. Turn that off (or use a different method) and you get the performance back.

On 7/14/2017 at 7:56 PM, redduke said:

Eighty dollars and 64 bits you would think you would have a much sharper instrument panel and screens.

Take a look at the 737NG in FSX if you want to see what it should look like.

Huh...interesting. So, we got it right in FSX, but we can't get it right in P3D? One would imagine that we'd be using the same if not similar methods for success, and the change in the display would be more a result of the change in platform...

...but no, you're right. Totally our fault for the change in display options and abilities in FSX v P3D.

Kyle Rodgers

On 15.7.2017 at 3:48 PM, Ioan92 said:

As others said, turn of your SSAA. Theres no problem, besides on very few airports that have dyn lights too (JustSim ELLX is an example). (by now, it was bad in the first weeks of release, before all the fixes from various sides) 

This pic here is in justSim LOWI, fully dyn lights from airports and from the plane, and steady (locked) 30 fps. With AS4, Orbx openLC EU+global, PTA+post processing, ASCA and whatever running.

BY9ahTN.png 

My GPU load is at 67% to 82%, on a 3GB gforce 1060 and a budget i5 7400 with 12 GB ram in fullHD, with all sliders at around 3/4, besides AA of course. The whole pc costs 900 euro. If that is not good enough, i dont know...

ALso note that the screen is manipulated by imgur, normally its crispy sharp. They soften it.

Alex Wolff

BetaTeamB.png

On 15/07/2017 at 0:56 AM, redduke said:

Eighty dollars and 64 bits you would think you would have a much sharper instrument panel and screens.

Take a look at the 737NG in FSX if you want to see what it should look like.

Redduke 

K S Kolashinski  

Complete agree, I discovered that yesterday as I still have FSX installed. The PMDG 737 in FSX is so much more sharping in the cockpit and also in the exterior view than in P3d v4. It is somewhat annoying as I only purchased the 737 for FSX 7 months and and then purchased it full price again a few days ago for P3d v4 and it looks more inferior in P3d. I would be more than happy to post some comparison screenshots.

Cheers

Marcus H

1 hour ago, morph10 said:

Complete agree, I discovered that yesterday as I still have FSX installed. The PMDG 737 in FSX is so much more sharping in the cockpit and also in the exterior view than in P3d v4. It is somewhat annoying as I only purchased the 737 for FSX 7 months and and then purchased it full price again a few days ago for P3d v4 and it looks more inferior in P3d. I would be more than happy to post some comparison screenshots.

I believe I provided some feedback earlier in this exact thread, but in case I didn't:

1. FXAA - turn it off (Fast approXimate Anti-Aliasing - basically, "cheap" antialiasing that isn't as good)
  2. HDR - turn it off, or find settings that mitigate the issue while still allowing you HDR. Having it on means brights are brighter...white text is bright, it will cause halos around the text's edges

Gents - it's incredibly important that you keep things in context here. As I mentioned earlier, this is a different platform. The difference between the sims is not caused by us. This should be pretty evident in the very fact that P3D offers display and lighting functions that FSX doesn't have.

Please try the following:
Go into your Lighting settings, and change the settings so that the sliders are all the way to the right. Does that look good? No. Is that our fault? No. There exist settings out there - completely out of our control - that will affect how your graphics look. This is not our fault. The insinuation that it is our fault, and that what you paid means that we should deliver a product immune to your own settings on your computer, is not quite fair.

• Upvote 1

Kyle Rodgers