Sign in to follow this  
Zimmerbz

FSDreamteam ORD

A couple of questions for everyone... I hate flying into default airports.  KORD is an airport that I would like to fly into an out of.  Is the FSDT version V4 ready?  If so, is it worth it?  I can't tell if the runways are the old config or not.  If so, is there a way to get the new/current configuration?  I fly online a lot and most of the sids and stars in my sim would be for the current configuration.  Is there anything in the pipeline for a current KORD?  Thanks!

Intel Core i7 12700K (5.0GHz Max Boost Clock) 12-Core CPU   32GB G.Skill Performance DDR4 SDRAM 3600MHz       Graphics Processor:12GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080 Ti, GDDR6x System   2TB Western Digital, NVMe M.2 Solid State Drive

4 minutes ago, Zimmerbz said:

A couple of questions for everyone... I hate flying into default airports.  KORD is an airport that I would like to fly into an out of.  Is the FSDT version V4 ready?  If so, is it worth it?  I can't tell if the runways are the old config or not.  If so, is there a way to get the new/current configuration?  I fly online a lot and most of the sids and stars in my sim would be for the current configuration.  Is there anything in the pipeline for a current KORD?  Thanks!

It is V4 ready - well the installers are. There's no V4 features in the scenery.Also, it's really outdated AFAIK...

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

2 minutes ago, Zimmerbz said:

Short and sweet answers since it's all available on their forum. 

Yes v4 installers are ready to download.

No, no it's not up to date since the addition of the latest runway.

Yes, they are rebuilding the airport from scratch to make it up to date. See here -> http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,15858.0.html

Doubt any other dev is working on KORD. BluePrint has one but is not one the same level.

• Upvote 2

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

It is very outdated and to today's standards it looks kind of ugly, but it does the job since it is my home base. The new runway configuration is not reflected so it's sort of a pain, because it doesn't even match the current AIRAC data. They're developing a new version for v4 and according to Umberto, it'll be a long time until it is completed and released. 

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

You can check it out in demo mode to see if it works for you. I demo-ed it but decided to pass for now. It has runway 10 but not the 3 10 parallels.That was a show stopper for me and I decide to stay with the freeware version that has those runways.

Richard

What is the freeware version with those runways for v4?

Intel Core i7 12700K (5.0GHz Max Boost Clock) 12-Core CPU   32GB G.Skill Performance DDR4 SDRAM 3600MHz       Graphics Processor:12GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080 Ti, GDDR6x System   2TB Western Digital, NVMe M.2 Solid State Drive

There is a freeware version created by the VATSIM Chicago community that as of Sep 2016 has KORD updated with the correct runways, taxiways, etc.  Making it was the only way the VATSIM Chicago controllers could have any fly-ins there without everything going bonkers.

Here's an excerpt from the readme file that comes with it:

---------------------------------------------

P.S.
This scenery package of KORD airport is up to date as of September 1, 2016. This should hold everyone over until FSDT decides to remake their wonderful KORD scenery. However, while yes it has eye candy, the taxiways are completely incorrect and the new runways are not added. This is a recipe for disaster on VATSIM and because of this, Chicago ARTCC refuses to have events and update their procedures at KORD.  NOT ANY MORE!!

With this package, all users can now have the following FOR FREE:

RWY 9L/27R. 9R/27L, 10L/28R, 10C/28C, 10R/28L, 22L.. ALL OTHER RUNWAYS ARE NOT USED AT ORD IN REAL WORLD!

-ALL RUNWAYS HAVE WORKING ILS AND CORRECT IDENTIFIERS/FREQS!

Enjoy and have fun flying in and out of ORD now! This is my first upload so let me know how I did!

IF you have any suggestions or comments please email me at johnmanley60@gmail.com

-----------------------------------------------

Do a search on the normal hosting sites for KORD Scenery v1.2 (I think I found it looking in the FSX AFCAD sections).  It works fine in my P3Dv4 installation.  I use it instead of my FSDT KORD depending on if I need an accurate KORD layout or not.

Rick Ryan

The worst part about ORD is not even the outdated runways and taxiways... the worst part is they have the dimensions for the south cargo terminal all wrong, and you cannot fit heavy aircrafts in the north and south bays and still have room to taxi past. I hope they get the dimensions correct next time they update it. I read Shez is making an updated ORD and he was starting it after the release of Richmond.

While it may not have every runway currently at ORD, it is definitely worth it imo.  The the main runways that are used by probably 95% of aircraft are in their version and do align with the AIRAC. (RWY 27L/9R, RWY28R/10L is in the sim, you just have to remember that it is labeled 10/28 in the scenery, but dimensions are the same as the real runway.). Also, RWY27R/9L is as it is in real life as well as the 22/04s, 33/15s(except they are labeled 32/14s in scenery due to older magnetic variation).  But overall, all the terminals are correct, with the exception of some of the cargo ones.  But yes, it is being updated from scratch by fsdt.  It was almost a year since they announced it, so I imagine you'd have a year or so to use the current version before the new one comes out.