Sign in to follow this  
1mikel151

MegaCity Dallas Autogen density

Hi -I recently installed MegaCity Dallas and I'm a bit disappointed withthe autogen. There are very few trees. The textures are great (photoreal - what more could you want...mesh?:) )but the autogen is lacking(IMO).I had previously installed FSGenesis uslandclass (101). I'm not sure if thatwould have anything to do with it.I've got the autogen slider 'maxed out'. I had MANY more trees and buildingswhen it was the just the FSG. I even had more when it was default FS9.Is there any way to increase the autogen?I looked for a patch on megascenery 's website and didn't see one.

|   Dave   |    I've been around for most of my life.

There's always a sunset happening somewhere in the world that somebody is enjoying.

Guest rpjkw1155

MegaCity Dallas recommends all of the display sliders to be moved well to the left, but I've found maxing out doesn't do anything except increase load times. Load times for MegaCity Mid Atlantic and New York were so bad, I deleted them from my computer and round filed them.With the sliders maxed and BirdsEyeView installed, Mega DFW is improved quite a bit, but I still notice the lack of trees. As a result, I've been turned off by photoreal scenery.I've kept the program only because I like the way DFW looks. I hope FSX will be better.Bob

In reality, there are more buildings and strip malls in Dallas than there are trees!PatAMD A64 4000+ @ 2.6GHz, Zalman7700Cu cooler, Corsair XMS 1GB DDR, LTK6800GT-OC, Asus A8V MoBo, WDRaptor10KrpmHDD, TrackIR4, CH FSYoke + TQ, XP-hsp2

i9-10900k @ 5.1GHz 32G XMP-3200 | RTX3090 | 3T m.2 | Win11 | vkb-gf ultimate & pedals | virpil cm3 throttle | 55" 4k UHDTV | HP R-G2 VR | DCS

""In reality, there are more buildings and strip malls inDallas than there are trees!""Hey now, I have lots of trees, some great parks and even a few lakes in my part of town, LOL.I had thought about getting this title, but after looking at screenshots, it looked like much of the autogen was missing, glad I didn't get it now.Wish Flightscenery would do Addison airport, that would be amazing!!!Regards, MichaelKDFWhttp://www.calvirair.com/mcpics/mcdcvabanner.jpgCalVirAir International

Best, Michael

KDFW

Addison?they should do Alliance and North west regional and Denton or even Arlington Muni. ;)Hi Mike.Do you fly out of Addision?Manny

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Hi Manny, occasionally, but usually with someone as I don't have a PPL. I used to live a 1/2 mile up the road and saw all the business traffic daily, it's a great approach visually, although rather busy! LOL.http://www.airliners.net/open.file/0443006/M/ my apt was in the clump under the nose to the left, LOLAlliance is nice, but no challenge, would love Arlington for sure!Regards, MichaelKDFWhttp://www.calvirair.com/mcpics/mcdcvabanner.jpgCalVirAir International

Best, Michael

KDFW

I was really disappointed with this package myself. How could they leave out Alliance? It's a major freight and repair center. If I had a money back option, they would likely get it back.

Alliance is in the works. Hmm, never thought about NW Regional. Did you see the Air India B772 sitting in front of AA's hanger?Looks like, Midway & Trinity Mills.