Sign in to follow this  
DTG_Cryss

DTG Unveiling A New Feature On The July 19th Live Stream

Cold & Dark is important but pretty much expected.  Realistic air movement, on the other hand, would have gotten my attention. 

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

8 hours ago, fshobby said:

Some excellent additions to FSW. I think the pre-announcement of this "unveiling" was suggestive of a "bigger" feature, so maybe DTG should try harder to under-promise and over-deliver? In any case it's a fantastic amount of communication and community outreach, good going Cryss and DTG!

I sort of agree concerning the Cold & Dark part, but the interactive checklists I think is the feature that won the day in my eyes.  

• Upvote 1

i5-6600K 3.5Ghz OC to 4.5GHz|CorsairH60 Liq Cooler|GA-Z170X-Gaming 7|GTX 1070|G.Skill Trident DDR4-3200 32GB|950 PRO M.2 250GB|850 EVO 500GB|2TB Seagate FireCuda SSHD|FractalDesign R4|Corsair RMx 750W|Win10 64bit Home|MSFS2020

I love the smell of Jet-A in the morning!

Robert Pressley a.k.a. SmokeDiddy

8 hours ago, SmokeDiddy said:

I sort of agree concerning the Cold & Dark part, but the interactive checklists I think is the feature that won the day in my eyes.  

Yeah, this is a really changer in the sim world. Would a atract a lot of newcomers. I´m starting to really believe on DTG´s purposes.

But, as FsHobby said, DTG should under-promise and over-deliver. Still hoping they will give us really major updates this month.

• Upvote 1

7800X3D@H170i // Msi RTX 4090 Trio // 32GB DDR5 6000mhz CL30 // 2TB + 1TB Nvme
Dell 27" 2127DGF - 1440p - Gsync - 165hz 
Thrustmaster TCA Sidestick Airbus // TCA Quadrant Airbus // TFRP T.Flight Rudder Pedals // Logitech Flight Multi Panel

Regardless, I think the good news is that it didn't cost much. Enjoying the updates, bugs and all. Better than buying a box at the store only to find out you have to get a patch with dial-up. :ha:

I also noticed one of the other big sim developers had a live stream ask the devs the other day.  DTG may have started something. Never saw them do it before....

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, SmokeDiddy said:

Agreed, a very nice feature there.

• Upvote 1

Barry Friedman

I only had a chance to try a short test flight late last night after the update was released, but even from that one short flight it was evident that, at least for me, the immersion factor took a quantum leap forward with the C&D and implementation of checklists. Very nicely done!

• Upvote 1

On 20/07/2017 at 9:25 AM, scotchegg said:

Definitely. Cold & Dark is welcome but TBH as a standard feature in most sims over the past decade I expected it to be in FSW so this being the 'special' announcement is a bit underwhelming. 

Hopefully we can be pleasantly surprised by next week's announcement.

I don't care what they call it, so long as the basic features are in before release, I'm good with that.

My hope for the full release would be to include the following and then I'd have to say I'd be pretty happy!

1. Weather update (HUGE).
2. ATC update.
3. Jet engine based aircraft, lessons and missions (HUGE).
4. Airport assets, runway textures, better apron effect etc updated
(the airports just look so dated compared to the nice planes!).
5. More tweaking options especially graphics (I want to raise the load radius for autogen!).
6. SDK.

Clearly they need to continue to polish the existing planes and work on performance and obviously there is a LOT MORE they can do like VR, helicopters, sloped runways, dynamic lighting, avatar, career, economy etc the list goes on and on, but those 6 would be my MVP.

The FSW Cold & Dark feature is not your standard flightsim feature - this one is interactive, which is a first. It can be extended to all other stages of a flight, not just from cold and dark start-up. From now on, your old PDF manuals are antiques and may be worth saving and taking to an Antiques Roadshow soon! The pilot's guidebook for your new FSW aircraft is going to be the interactive checklist from start-up to shut-down, and for all flights from then on your checklist will be customisable from beginner to expert level, on all aircraft. Just reading the headlines isn't enough guys, log in to the FSW forums and talk to the developers themselves: https://forums.dovetailgames.com/forums/flightsimworld/

• Upvote 4