ganter

Converting from FSX to P3D v4 - Payware connotations

Recommended Posts

Hello,

 

I think I'm ready to make the jump. Dear old FSX has been my constant companion for many, many years and god alone knows how many hours I've spent at the helm/ yoke/ stick of so many aircraft. But great things come to an end as, it must be admitted finally, greater things come to take over.

However, I'm worried about some of the more expensive payware I have and the pure costs that will/ might be entailed in the migration.  Mainly of the big boys listed below;

Can some knowledgeable soul give me  quick indication of which of the below will have to be repurchased for P3D v4.

 

Orbx FTX Global

Orbx Regions - England

UK2000 - a few airports

PMDG 737 NGX/ 777

ASN2016

Rex Textures Direct

GSX Ground Operations

TACPACK

 

Those are the main pricey bits I've gathered over the years but I also have numerous other addon aircraft. That's fine though, I intend to have a bit of "clean out" of the hangars.

It's the above heavyweight payware I'm concerned about.

Is there any good news about not having to repurchase all of it - or is it back to flogging the family silver to repurchase all for  P3D v4?

Thanks in advance,

Jim

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Splendid, to the point answer. Thank you. I see from your sig you have all those add-ons I list apart from Tacpack. TBH, I haven't been using it much recently so not so important.

Does one have to download P3d v4 installers for most of those which you answered NO to or do you use the FSXinstallers you originally downloaded?

Bad news about PMDG - guess it's make my mind up time about narrow body or wide body for now.

 

Share this post


Link to post

TacPack for v4 isn't out yet, but seeing as you're coming from FSX it will be a new purchase anyway. 

Their v3 licence supports the Academic version of P3d only and will not work with Pro version, so bear that in mind. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
5 minutes ago, Dave CBFS said:

TacPack for v4 isn't out yet, but seeing as you're coming from FSX it will be a new purchase anyway. 

Their v3 licence supports the Academic version of P3d only and will not work with Pro version, so bear that in mind. 

Do you suppose TacPack for v4 will support the pro version of v4?

Have you got Dino F-35 for P3d? - I must say that would be a must for me. Mind you, he has said recently STOVL isn't working in v4

Share this post


Link to post

I doubt VRS will support Pro, but we'll have to wait and see. 

The Vtol in the F35 doesn't work. The controlling gauge needs recompiling for 64bit. 

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, ganter said:

Splendid, to the point answer. Thank you. I see from your sig you have all those add-ons I list apart from Tacpack. TBH, I haven't been using it much recently so not so important.

Does one have to download P3d v4 installers for most of those which you answered NO to or do you use the FSXinstallers you originally downloaded?

*EDIT*
AS for P3D you have to re-purchase, no matter if you have ASN oder AS16. Sorry for the misinformation!

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post

if you had fsx

 

pmdg (thats going to hit your card)

active sky

Just do my blood pressure a favour and do a nice clean install of windows and v4.. theres so many topics of people who have been lazy and now have word not allowed set ups

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post

I hadn't even considered the idea of anything but a clean system install starting with Win 10. 

Mind you the PC is used solely for flight simulation.

For day to day computing drudgery there's the Mac.

Share this post


Link to post
20 minutes ago, JoeFackel said:

To be more precise about Active Sky: if you have ASN you have to re-purchase, if you have AS16 you can download an update! Also with the other addons, you need new installer which you can get from the vendor you purchased them from.

Thanks for this guidance. Appreciated.

Share this post


Link to post
45 minutes ago, JoeFackel said:

To be more precise about Active Sky: if you have ASN you have to re-purchase, if you have AS16 you can download an update! Also with the other addons, you need new installer which you can get from the vendor you purchased them from.

Not if he has AS16 *for FSX*....

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, Raven9000 said:

Not if he has AS16 *for FSX*....

That's what I have; AS16 for FSX. So that means the update will work?

Share this post


Link to post
5 minutes ago, Raven9000 said:

Not if he has AS16 *for FSX*....

Damn, your right ... have forgotten this :dry:

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, ganter said:

That's what I have; AS16 for FSX. So that means the update will work?

No, sorry. Misinformation by me.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, ganter said:

ASN2016

Maybe coz you listed this in your original post.............

14 minutes ago, ganter said:

That's what I have; AS16 for FSX.

then corrected it here, the confusion arose?

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now