wolfram_draht

one scenery addon for all international airports

Hello to everybody,

i`d like to discuss an idea i have had and hope that some scenery developers will read this topic and its replies.

On the market you can find perfectly modeled scenery addons for nearly every international airport on the planet. But each one of them costs at least 20$. But when i want to fly lets say to SCEL one time in my life as a virtual pilot, these 20$ are much to expensive for me. But the default p3d airport of SCEL has only one runway and the taxiways, gates and parking positions have nothing to do with todays real airport.

What i would like to have is an addon which keeps every international airport up to date in terms of runways, taxiways, gates and parking positions. Buildings are not that important to me. Sure, if there is a hangar in real world a hangar in its virtual version would be great. Same with terminals and towers. But everything with generic objects, nothing specially modeled, no hd- textures and any other special effects.

For this addon i would pay more than 100$ and another 20$ for its annual update.

What do you think?

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I'm sure someone updated SCEL runways and taxiways for FSX.  Download this AFCAD or scenery file.  Then this can easily be converted to P3D using the ADE software. only things that don't show up in P3D are the taxiways.  Using ADE and resetting the draw flags and recompiling then all the taxiways show back up.  Done all for free!

Looks like someone updated it in Sep 2016

https://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?CatID=fsxscen&DLID=196691

Just hunt for the hundreds of freeware airports produced by many developers. You'll get what you want at a fair price. A payware version of what you suggest would not really be feasible for the developer.

Vic

• Upvote 1