Sign in to follow this  
sightseer

FSW custom weather

2 hours ago, sascha said:

For me, clouds have always been the reason not to go for FSX so I might have to skip P3D as well ;)))

Bert suggested that for myself to continue to ORBX, I might want to pick up P3D v4.   "Hmmmm.....if you can use all your ORBX-to-date within FSW....this is the 'ORBX' direction, I might want to go....P3D looks nothing like this.   I will have to now serioulsy follow the FSW forum...and read...read...sit in the bush...and follow...".

I think DTG are getting it right bringing to the sim things that other sims do not, real weather, ATC, realistic environment get them sorted and it will be the right platform for wide body addons to fly in, And remember this is FSW version 1, and not 2, 3 or 4, I think they will be around for long time in flight sim based on the updates to date.

Ray Fry.

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

1 hour ago, Sesquashtoo said:

If you could have this, combined with XP11's night renderings...it would be a grand-slam winner combo!

+1

1 hour ago, Sesquashtoo said:

I have to say, as far as an immersive feel....the rain against the windshield, and those new clouds....is most impressive. I'm going to certainly now keep an eye on this....

I am not blind-sided, loyalty-bound to any sim platform. When a developer makes pretty impressive developments, I most certainly will acknowledge it...and

I agree.  FSW is certainly worth keeping an eye on now.  Until this TrueSky update I wasn't the least bit interested.

• Upvote 1

Martin 

Sims: MSFS and X-plane 11

Home Airport: CYCW - Chilliwack, BC Canada

i5 13600KF 32GB DDR4 3600 RAM, RTX3080TI  HP Reverb G2

1 hour ago, turnandbank said:

+1

I agree.  FSW is certainly worth keeping an eye on now.  Until this TrueSky update I wasn't the least bit interested.

Me neither, quite frankly.  But this....TrueSky/inclement weather effects (as default).......this has notched up the 'interest' knob...at this end...yep. My interest in flight simming, has always been on the side of real-world feel...and not so much how deadly accurate to the nines, is every system, main, and sub-system within the cockpit.  It always had to appear...as though I am really there....and this has certainly advanced that genre...

I am also waiting to see what xEnviro 1.7 brings to XP11...but, I certainly would not shoot myself in the foot, and NOT decide to pick this up, if it doesn't match what I see here.  I'd most likely, would---> install this sim, if  xEnviro v1.7 doesn't match this to date.

Mitch

The clouds certainly look nice.  It's good to see the sim market is still alive after Microsoft's pullout from flight simming.

• Upvote 1