Sign in to follow this  
G-YMML1

Very mysterious problem with PMDG (all of them) and Balearic Island

Hello,

I have recently purchased Aerosoft Balearic Islands pack - BIP (LEPA/LIBH/LMH) from Aerosoft that was adopted as a straight port for P3Dv4.0. The installers put sceneries' entries into scenery.cfg file correctly, then I ran FTX Vector to check an elevation for each airport. Apparently, every time I load P3D with either PMDG plane in any location with Balearic airports active I have IMMEDIATE ntdll.crash and then I received a message that your video driver has been successfully recovered. However, when I try the same scenario with F22 plane, I have no this problem at all. When I de-activate BIP from scenery.cfg I'm able to fly PMDG birds again. I did several other tests and found out that Terrain folder for ANY of three airports is a culprit of ntdll. crash, but without the terrain's slices, all the sceneries look quite naked and ugly,

I reported this problem to Aerosoft and Mathis said that he has never heard about this. Please see the topic.http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/125200-ngx-and-ibiza-ctd-p3d-v4/

Need your help with trouble-shooting as we clearly see cause-and-effect relationship here:  PMDG + Aerosoft BIP = ntdll CTD, but ANY default plane + Aerosoft BIP  = ok. Also, I have made several flights in P3Dv4 with NGX with FTX full sandwich, custom-made AI, FT/T2G/FSDT airports and literally had ZERO issues until the day I bought BIP,

I have i7-6700k, 980Ti, 16GB RAM, W7-64, 2TB Samsung SSD. I also run Error-Content twice and it found nothing.

Your help would be much appreciated.

Dmitriy

The update,

I can confirm that disabling the Terrain folders of each scenery makes ntdll. CTD with PMDG goes away and it's clear cause-and-effect relationship. Now I need to figure out why it happens with PMDG only and not with the default planes.

My guess: there is something FS9-coded still in this terrain folders that hook up with a PMDG file leading to a crash. But of course, Aerosoft will not admit that their v4 update is nothing more than an adapted installer. So far, those AS Products portet over to v4 are FAR away from being v4 native, I guess there will be more issues of this kind in the near future. Exactly for such scenarios, the AS support is just plain bull*, sorry to say. They never admit that there could be something wrong with their product until you can prove it by screenshots or videos, which is rather difficult in your case. You can hope that PMDG takes the case or maybe you get a solution here, otherwise...

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

Does it only happen with the pmdg aircraft??  Can you try with a default f22.  It's the sceney and not the aircraft btw 

14ppkc-6.png

54 minutes ago, AnkH said:

My guess: there is something FS9-coded still in this terrain folders that hook up with a PMDG file leading to a crash. But of course, Aerosoft will not admit that their v4 update is nothing more than an adapted installer. So far, those AS Products portet over to v4 are FAR away from being v4 native, I guess there will be more issues of this kind in the near future. Exactly for such scenarios, the AS support is just plain bull*, sorry to say. They never admit that there could be something wrong with their product until you can prove it by screenshots or videos, which is rather difficult in your case. You can hope that PMDG takes the case or maybe you get a solution here, otherwise...

You fail to understand what Aerosoft is. Apart from a few in house products they are just publishers of other developers' work.

So they have to take the developers word for something like a scenery being ported over completely as opposed to having been just given a new installer.

You're also taking the op's word on alot of things here.  If for example hes got a dodgy ai model such as the cam sim 787 installed and its showing up at lepa, or leib for example it will crash the sim.  That offending 787 might not be showing up at the other airports the OP has tried.  Happened to me at Klax.  I was sure it was that scenery when infact it was one ai model that spawned there.  But no one ever listens so who cares anyways.

14ppkc-6.png

Well, a dodgy AI model would still be there, no matter if the scenery is active or not, no? And it would certainly not be pinpointed to the terrain folder of the specific scenery. But you are right, sometimes there are things related to each other that are far from obvious, that's why I would manually check for FS9 remainings inside this terrain folder. Or, if you want to go the cumbersome approach, by deleting one and the other file until you found your bad guy. If this is possible at all...

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

What I'm saying is Let's say he has a Thomson or Norwegian camsim ai 787 installed and he's tried the following airports 

Eggd

Egpf

Lemg

Lepa 

Lemg

Leib

The 787s won't spawn at eggd or egff but might at lepa... 

So lepa will ctd but not eggd etc etc 

14ppkc-6.png

3 hours ago, tooting said:

Does it only happen with the pmdg aircraft??  Can you try with a default f22.  It's the sceney and not the aircraft btw 

Yes,

PMDG only. Immediate ntdll. crash (usually it used to happen after the several hours of FS session) and then a message in a lower-right corner that "your video driver was successfully recovered"

1 hour ago, AnkH said:

Well, a dodgy AI model would still be there, no matter if the scenery is active or not, no? And it would certainly not be pinpointed to the terrain folder of the specific scenery. But you are right, sometimes there are things related to each other that are far from obvious, that's why I would manually check for FS9 remainings inside this terrain folder. Or, if you want to go the cumbersome approach, by deleting one and the other file until you found your bad guy. If this is possible at all...

Nope...clean and FSX\P3D complied traffic models such as FAIB, modified AIA\OSP\new FSPAI

36 minutes ago, G-YMML1 said:

Yes,

PMDG only. Immediate ntdll. crash (usually it used to happen after the several hours of FS session) and then a message in a lower-right corner that "your video driver was successfully recovered"

That's not good the video card saying that...  Have you wiped the driver and reinstalled? 

14ppkc-6.png

Just now, tooting said:

That's not good the video card saying that...  Have you wiped the driver and reinstalled? 

Yes I did using DDU. Then I ran BF1 with max settings to ensure that there are no GPU technical anomalies. Usually BF1 is the first to catch hardware issues.

Let me try it later which airport you having the issue with Palma, Ibiza or Mahon?? 

14ppkc-6.png