Sign in to follow this  
mdata

Aerosoft CRJ700/900 released

I forgot who clued me in to Simbrief originally here at AVSim (Thank you, thank you to whoever...), but it has everything that you need to have at hand to plan a flight. And except for the Navigraph subscription it is free to use. It has templates for just about every airliner in both P3d and XP11. It's the perfect companion to PMDG, Aerosoft and TFDi airliners, among others.

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, jabloomf1230 said:

In case anyone is wondering, Simbrief briefings work with the CRJ 700/900. Also, in SimBrief, the flight plan can be exported using the Aerosoft Airbus setting. Since Little NavMap  supports the same Aerosoft flight plan format, one can also export a flight plan from LNM to the CRJ.

Hi Jay,

Have you tested a flight plan made in Simbrief (using the Airbus .FPL format) in the CRJ ?   Just because I created one yesterday but when I tried to load it into the CRJ I got "load error".     Maybe it was an incompatible FP in some way - will have another go.

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

Nah, doesn't work. Same problem here. I think it will be soon that 3rd party programs can do a fp for the CRJ. Until then it is just a little bit more work...

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, YukonPete said:

Is there a way to hide the yokes? Ive clicked all over the place!

Hello Yukon, Hopefully this sheds some light on your question Here: CRJ Tips I think it was item number 8. As I was wondering the same thing. Also, I noticed that they've released hotfix 1.0.0.2 looks like it covers a few items.

Hotfix Changelog

ws5xzd-6.png
Johnny Green

CFII/SMEL
SF340B+

6 hours ago, JYW said:

Hi Jay,

Have you tested a flight plan made in Simbrief (using the Airbus .FPL format) in the CRJ ?   Just because I created one yesterday but when I tried to load it into the CRJ I got "load error".     Maybe it was an incompatible FP in some way - will have another go.

My point was more towards the Simbrief briefing being avaIlable for the CRJ. The Aerosoft flight plan format works for all of their other products and the CRJ saves its plans in the same format. More investigation is needed. Do your AIRAC versions match?

2 hours ago, jabloomf1230 said:

My point was more towards the Simbrief briefing being avaIlable for the CRJ. The Aerosoft flight plan format works for all of their other products and the CRJ saves its plans in the same format. More investigation is needed. Do your AIRAC versions match?

That was my point too.  The point being that although the .FLP file extension appears the same for the AS Airbus and the AS CRJ, I'm not sure flight plans from Simbrief in the AS Airbus format actually work in the CRJ (at least they don't for me).

Simbrief haven't added a confirmed CRJ format, it's still just listed as Aerosoft Airbus.  My worry is that although the file extension in the same, the Airbus and CRJ have different lead developers so perhaps there's an incompatibility.

Yes, no issues with AIRAC versions confirmed.

54310.jpg

Bill

Is something wrong at SimBrief? Trying to login, without success.

4 hours ago, vc10man said:

Is something wrong at SimBrief? Trying to login, without success.

Just got logged in ok here Rick.  But I am 4 hours late to your post, so it's probably just fixed now! :biggrin:

Bill

15 hours ago, JYW said:

Hi Jay,

Bill,

I took a look at both the Simbrief versions which use the Aerosoft Airbus format and flight plans created by the CRJ and the former are missing the [PerfData] section. For the time being, at least some of this information can be entered manually from the SimBrief briefing output using a text editor. That somewhat defeats the whole purpose of using SimBrief, though. We'll just have to wait until a revised CRJ flight plan format is available at SimBrief. here's the [PerfData] section:

[PerfData]
CrzAlt=27000
CrzAltAltn=-1
PaxCnt=72
PaxWeight=185
CargoWeight=1768
FuelWeight=8710
WindDirClb=0
WindSpdClb=0
WindDirCrz=0
WindSpdCrz=0
WindDirDes=0
WindSpdDes=0
ISADev=0
ResFuel=1980
TaxiFuel=-1

2 hours ago, JYW said:

Just got logged in ok here Rick.  But I am 4 hours late to your post, so it's probably just fixed now! :biggrin:

Thanks, Bill, will try later.