Sign in to follow this  
captain420

How does 3rd party mesh work with FTX full regions?

I know that FTX full regions come with their own mesh, and even some openLC has its own mesh like South America. So for those who have 3rd party mesh like FS Pilots Global Ultimate NG, how would that work when 2 mesh products are used simultaneously? Does one cancel another out?

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

I read, that the one with the highest resolution is being used. No idea if that is true, though. But i can tell you, that I never experienced any problems. I have both NZ regions and also the Pilots NG Mesh.

Georgian Virtual Airports (UGMS Mestia / UGGT Telavi / UGAM Ambrolauri)

Yep, that's the general knowledge.

Actually it is possible that a higher resolution mesh induces issues in a scenery having been developed for a lower-resolution mesh, although these may be rather exceptional cases. I recall having observed one myself (and confirmed by others) at Jacksons airport (AYPY, PNG) being caused by using Pilot's Ultimate mesh (the legacy one, not NG) sporting a higher resolution than the native PNG mesh.

Kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

Hi Aaron,

As others have said above, the simulator indeed selects the mesh with the highest resolution with a maximum of the mesh resolution you set in the simulator settings. If you use Pilot's Global Ultimate NG, you can use the AFM2 tool to solve airport elevation issues.

Maarten

Maarten Boelens ([m][a:][R][t][ʏ][n])
Developer of SimLauncherX

ftx_supporter_avsim.gifC172Siggy1_zps11944daf.jpg