Sign in to follow this  
Copper.

Custom Control Column Checklist

Recommended Posts

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

47 minutes ago, Copper. said:

Anyone know how you go about making a custom control column checklist?

Paintkit, I believe.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks.

In hindsight, I've committed a forum offence against the unspoken forum rule "thou shalt runeth a search firstly, then create a topic lest an adequate answer not prevail" or something like that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm desperate to do it, but it is just far too fiddly. Same with changing the default registration/selcal plates on the main panel. Working with the artistic side of the hobby is just something I can't stand.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, rondon9898 said:

I'm desperate to do it, but it is just far too fiddly. Same with changing the default registration/selcal plates on the main panel. Working with the artistic side of the hobby is just something I can't stand.

I know completely what you mean. I took one look at what Paint Kit was and what was needed... and said nope, that's not for me :)

i too want a custom checklist, but I can live without it as I too can't stand that aspect. 

Kudos to the painters! It is an art form, to be sure.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, rondon9898 said:

Same with changing the default registration/selcal plates on the main panel.

That's actually very easy to fix. All it is is just changing the alpha channel in the texture. You use the Arial font, I think size 48 or something, and type out the registration and the SELCAL on the alpha channel, then resave it. That one's not even that difficult to do. I can see how the checklist on the yoke might get a little more involved.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't want to change the letters on the reg/selcal plates, just the font. But I still find it so difficult that unless Goldstar Textures or some other talented artist changes them, I just can't go there. Definite kudos to repainters - it's an amazing skill.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, rondon9898 said:

I don't want to change the letters on the reg/selcal plates, just the font. But I still find it so difficult that unless Goldstar Textures or some other talented artist changes them, I just can't go there. Definite kudos to repainters - it's an amazing skill.

In that case, it's even easier. The thing is that the texture was specifically designed, so that all you need to do to change the font or text is to make adjustments to the alpha channel. It's just a black and white texture where the white texture is what you see and the black is transparent. All you need to do is make a white font of whatever text you want to show up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Copper. said:

I know completely what you mean. I took one look at what Paint Kit was and what was needed... and said nope, that's not for me :)

i too want a custom checklist, but I can live without it as I too can't stand that aspect. 

Kudos to the painters! It is an art form, to be sure.

I am going to give it a go at some stage in the near future - I am sure you can guess the airline!  If you're interested I'll let you know once its done.

Cheers,

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

8 minutes ago, VHOJT said:

I am going to give it a go at some stage in the near future - I am sure you can guess the airline!  If you're interested I'll let you know once its done.

Cheers,

I'll monitor this thread thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for that. I've gone back to short leg flying in the ngx. But this checklist works good. I also use the normal checklists by creating a .html file for use in kneeboard. Works just as good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No worries.

The NGX is still great to come back to - everything about it works really well.  Apart from taxiing, it is great fun.

Cheers,

Rudy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this