Sign in to follow this  
thetford569

VoxATC and AI Traffic

I'm starting to gain interest in VOXATC as a replacement for default ATC since it also controls AI Aircraft.  I use Ultimate Traffic Live right now and I understand there is a bridge for the old UT2 which is going to be updated for UTLive.  I also use BGL based Traffic files for GA/BizJets and Military Aircraft.  My question is does VOXATC have the ability to use the UT bridge and BGL Traffic files at the same time or is it one or the other?  Would like to keep my military aircraft as BGL based as well as some other Traffic files but still have them recognized by VOXATC.  Thanks for anyone's help!

Brandon

Anyone know an answer to this question?  Can both Ultimate Traffic and BGL based traffic be used by VOXATC at the same time?

Brandon

I can't answer directly, as I have no experience with UTL, but the program parses ALL traffic BGLs to extract an approximate schedule and local flights, so I suspect it will use them even with UTL bridge...the bridge is for the AI aircraft models, not the actual traffic, from what I gather...please correct me if I'm wrong.

I7-7700k@4.7ghz | 32gb RAM | EVGA GTX1080 8gb | Mostly P3Dv5 (also IL2:BoX, DCS, XP11)

6 hours ago, Gridley said:

I can't answer directly, as I have no experience with UTL, but the program parses ALL traffic BGLs to extract an approximate schedule and local flights, so I suspect it will use them even with UTL bridge...the bridge is for the AI aircraft models, not the actual traffic, from what I gather...please correct me if I'm wrong.

The UT models are not a problem in VOXATC. VOXATC assumes that AI schedules are contained in traffic BGL files. Since UT doesn't utilize BGL files, UTBridge has to decode the UT schedule database to a form that VOXATC can use. The UT models will never be accessed by VOXATC without running UTBridge, as there would be no valid schedules containing those models.