Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Vicpdx17

2 questions on the 737NGX

8 posts in this topic

So I have 2 questions on the 737NGX:

1. Would PMDG ever make an updated 737-800 model with the new split winglets that are in use with airlines today?

 

2. Anyone want to make the 600 series bear the Southwest Canyon blue colors and or more 737-700's in the new heart colors?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

2 hours ago, Vicpdx17 said:

Would PMDG ever make an updated 737-800 model with the new split winglets that are in use with airlines today?

Use the search function.  

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It hasn't been decided yet. 

(Note the equally concise, yet simultaneously helpful answer.)

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Vicpdx17 said:

1. Would PMDG ever make an updated 737-800 model with the new split winglets that are in use with airlines today?

2. Anyone want to make the 600 series bear the Southwest Canyon blue colors and or more 737-700's in the new heart colors?

1. Not usefull what's the point of updating the model if it has no impact on performances, fuel consumption and all, I believe if they were to make it that would not be just an aesthetical update. That being said the 737 is now an old product I'm not sure it's worth going back to it add one option like this and not make other updates, maybe the Max version for example. Or maybe there would be a 737NG v3 who knows.

2. Did you check the AVSIM files, because there seem to be a lot of repaints available for PMDG so it might already be there.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 13/08/2017 at 11:15 AM, wedgantilles said:

1. Not usefull what's the point of updating the model if it has no impact on performances, fuel consumption and all, I believe if they were to make it that would not be just an aesthetical update. That being said the 737 is now an old product I'm not sure it's worth going back to it add one option like this and not make other updates, maybe the Max version for example. Or maybe there would be a 737NG v3 who knows.

You're probably right about, although they have done purely graphical updates in the past with the old version of the 747 and the -8i and -LCF models they released for it - they had no new flight model or performance changes at all as far as I'm aware, just a new exterior model

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 13/08/2017 at 11:15 AM, wedgantilles said:

1. Not usefull what's the point of updating the model if it has no impact on performances, fuel consumption and all, I believe if they were to make it that would not be just an aesthetical update. That being said the 737 is now an old product I'm not sure it's worth going back to it add one option like this and not make other updates, maybe the Max version for example. Or maybe there would be a 737NG v3 who knows.

2. Did you check the AVSIM files, because there seem to be a lot of repaints available for PMDG so it might already be there.

The fuel savings are small on a per flight basis so I doubt if they are noticeable on the flight deck. There may be small handling differences compared to the standard blended winglet but I doubt that could be replicated with any accuracy in FSX/P3D.

My personal view is that an exterior model only update would be worthwhile and not unrealistic. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, markdf said:

You're probably right about, although they have done purely graphical updates in the past with the old version of the 747 and the -8i and -LCF models they released for it - they had no new flight model or performance changes at all as far as I'm aware, just a new exterior model

Yes. A decade ago. Not once since. Moot point at this point.

 

EDIT:
If the thread you are posting is about a single product of ours, please be sure to place it in the appropriate sub forum, and not simply in the General Forum. As a rule of thumb, if you're going to type a single product of ours into the thread title, it's probably a good candidate for the specific subforum for that product.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, scandinavian13 said:

Yes. A decade ago. Not once since. Moot point at this point.

 

Oh, absolutely.  I was only mentioning it in passing in response to a "PMDG would never..." statement - I never meant to imply that you would (or should) do it again, just that you'd release whatever you thought was a worthwhile addition that doesn't lower the quality of the base product.

I sadly never owned the 747 back then, so I what little I know about the topic is all second hand (although I'm not quite as sad anymore now that we're getting a real -8 this time!)

Edit:

I'm going to shut up now, haven't had my morning meds yet, and reading that back I've started to ramble somewhat.

Edited by markdf
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0