Sign in to follow this  
Guest Peter Wilding

Ground Environment 2006 WOW!!!!!!

Not only is Ground Environment 2006 excellent and such a quantum leap in world texture appearance but Anthony and Peter have been extremely helpful. I initially had a problem opening GE as a "flt1chk4.dll' got misplaced in my C:/Programs file. Anthony quickly replied that it should be in windows>system32 and problem solved. It's also great to know that it will be supported in FSX. Much appreciated. Now back to sightseeing.

Does the default.xml file that so many of us have disabled need to be used with this to see the autogen?

Eric 

Since the FS9.1 update, you don't have to disable default.xml any more.And yes, GE2006 is indeed a very very good package! Thank you both Anthony and Peter.

I know you don't have to disable it anymore. That was NOT my question. My question was: Do you need to have it enabled? I have my own reasons for asking.

Eric 

Guest fox450

Hi B777ER,Absolutely not, just leave the file there.I used great caution to not use these libraries as much as I could, they can cause fps impacts when used heavily. That is why, although GE autogen is very dense, most beta testers actually reported an increase in fps.

Guest fox450

maybe a little confusing, what i meant was there is no need to disable it

Guest SteveJ

A reply in another thread claimed that Ground Environment is designed to specially work with Megasceneries.Can someone clarify this interaction....that is, what specific changes does Ground Environment make to an area where a Megascenery is installed.I love Flight Environment and plan on adding GE as well, but I also have Megasceneries for Wash D.C., Seattle and LA and have been doing most of my flying there and would like to know for sure that the two programs will work together.Thanks, Steve J.

>HI there Paul and thanks for the feeback.>>In other words you may find areas you are used to as being>dense autogen areas are now not so dense and others are more>dense.>>As a generalization our autogen is very dense compared to the>defaults and if anything we were expecting feeback to say it's>too dense now.Yep, hehe.I Installed GE2006, and went around Scottsdale AZ, there's so many autogen apartment buildings in that area it looks like a major city.But I've put back default autogen files, but kept the GE2006 textures it seems to be fine.I'm trying to still use some of the GE autogen files sorta by trial and error, trying to get a good balance of the additional autogen files but maybe avoiding a situation where there's just too much autogen for areas not that dense buildings wise.I been using GE2006 with Ultimate Terrain, and it does seem to add autogen back to the areas where it was lost with Ultimate terrain.Overall I like the improvements.Regards.Ernie.

ea_avsim_sig.jpg

Guest essemm

Ok...ok. Enought convincing. I'm off to buy it!

Guest ScottPilot

So, I'm still not sure. Do I need to un-install BEV before using this product?Scott :-hmmm

Does this program overwrite the FSscene textures. I hope so, so that I do not have to reinstall the original textures before installing Ground EnvironmentRegards,Andrew

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Guest David Lee 2

I have all the BEV modules. Do I have to uninstall them or will this simple overwrite all the textures?

Guest PPSFA

It creates backup files so you can switch between them, but after see GE, you wont be using the defaults I don't think :-)

Guest acuba

one question:what about compatibility with MyWorld 2004? If they are compatible, how to install GE, that it don't have any conflicts? I f i know that, i make my decision to bye this nice addon

Guest CowlFlapsOpen

I will be picking up GE this weekend. Concerned about compatibility, though. I have BEV, FSG landclass and mesh, and American Data Roads etc (the FSG product). I assume I don't do anything concern the mesh and landclass, but what steps do I use to install and make it compatible with American Data Roads etc? And what about BEV? Just unstall over it?