Hi

Sorry bit of a dumb question,but I want to uninstall and move my xplane11 install to a different drive.

The problem I have is I cannot see either an uninstall option in the unistall options of windows or  from within xplane itself 

Any idea how i uninstall?

Do i just delete the folder !!?

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Yes, X-Plane is completely self-contained. So you can actually copy the entire X-Plane folder to the new drive, and then delete the original folder. It will work as before, no need to reinstall it.

And in order to let the installer/updater automatically locate your new X-Plane location, you should update the path in the "x-plane_install_11.txt" file, which should be found inside the AppData\Local Folder of the Windows account which you were using for the initial installation.

Besides what has been stated above, I think you just have to watch out for any paid add-on (IXEG 737, for example). I think those have to be uninstalled first.

1 hour ago, exodus1977 said:

Besides what has been stated above, I think you just have to watch out for any paid add-on (IXEG 737, for example). I think those have to be uninstalled first.

Right, it's the DRM'd addons you have to watch out for.

What I've done in the past is just delete the folders with the addons (plugin directory or aircraft directory), then re-download the files from the vendor and re-install and re-activate where needed.

That's easy with purchases made at the .org store, or the X-Aviation store (with their new unlimited download policy). This way you get a clean installation, and possibly an updated version if you haven't kept track of new versions. With aircraft models, remember to save whatever liveries you've added, and transfer those.

There may be some DRM'd addons that do require going through an actual uninstall routine with the plugin first, before re-installing, like the way Adobe products work. But I haven't run into any of those myself.

And beware the Steam version doesn't like to be moved either, unless you use proper tools available in Steam client interface...