Sign in to follow this  
1st fltsimguy

New GTN Purchase - Installed - Black Screen - [now it works]

Bryan, please hold on a little longer as we are making profound changes to the GTN, based on our GNS V2 for P3D release. If the issue is not related to just another product you've purchased which uses the GTN trainer, at least, this shall eliminate potential issues there would be in ours.

Besides first google link with keywords "xp11 lua stopped" is:

https://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/forums/topic/75543-could-anyone-help-me-with-the-message-lua-stopped/

and further down on the first page:

https://www.x-plained.com/flywithlua-for-x-plane-11/

NB: I don't know if the links are legit "x-plane / lua" related, I'm merely pointing the direction to search for answers.

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

I am suffering the exact same thing, GTN worked intermittently yesterday, today dead as a doornail. This needs resolving.

4 hours ago, floydcox said:

This needs resolving.

I know it takes a little longer than expected but it coming to an XP11 near you soon.

Honestly, there are still too few customers affected to draw a standard pattern, however, here is where we're at as of today:

1) There was a potential bug in our code which is corrected in the FltSim version for now, which will be integrated in our X-Plane version code base. It seems that if the root cause was this potential bug, it would then be cured given the feedback (lack off) from our Fltsim customers.

2) There is a potential link identified with FlyWithLUA as reported in this thread. We are not sure about this one yet, but this leads us to investigate something more (point 3 below)

3) Point 2 above leads us to think there is a chance the only reason you'd get a black screen is a problem in the OpenGL state, or something close. Each plugin gets its turn prior drawing, and must leave the OpenGL state to which it was prior starting to draw. Usually it is done automatically because most state changes are done via X-Plane SDK functions which make sure to maintain a coherent state. However, nothing prevents a plugin from going 'crazy' with the OpenGL state and might leave it in an 'unknown' state. The fact that LUA failure = black screen, no LUA failure = no black screen, and the only visible difference is the LUA error message displayed on screen makes us wonder.

This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

On 9/3/2017 at 11:13 AM, RXP said:

Bryan, please hold on a little longer as we are making profound changes to the GTN, based on our GNS V2 for P3D release. If the issue is not related to just another product you've purchased which uses the GTN trainer, at least, this shall eliminate potential issues there would be in ours.

Besides first google link with keywords "xp11 lua stopped" is:

https://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/forums/topic/75543-could-anyone-help-me-with-the-message-lua-stopped/

and further down on the first page:

https://www.x-plained.com/flywithlua-for-x-plane-11/

NB: I don't know if the links are legit "x-plane / lua" related, I'm merely pointing the direction to search for answers.

Jean-Luc, let me update you.

I became very frustrated so I removed every script except XPRealistic Pro.

I then added each separately and found that I was having some sort of conflict with two environment scripts one for water and the other clouds. They were causing a "lua stopped" problem which in turn would shut down my GTN.

I have since removing had no issues whatsoever with the GTN turning on and functioning the entire flight.

Bryan

• Upvote 1

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3

Thank you for the feedback Bryan. This is relieving. Now the question remains, what are these doing that in turn prevents the GTN to display (open gl? XPlane data ref corruption?)

if ny any chance you could send the scripts in question we might have a chance to understand.

For my part a particularly keen AV program was quarantining the 32dll file (cannot remember the exact name) every 12 hours despite being told to ignore the file. Over several days I have had to restore the file but all seems to be well at the moment. Hope this helps someone, even if you have made an exception please check your security software in case the files have been removed. 

• Upvote 1