Sign in to follow this  
MaverickScot

FMC and Cycle 1108

Hey Guys,

I’m a little confused with regard to the FMC. I have flown Flight Sims for years and just recently decided to Get Prepar3d V4 and start my collection of all things Flight Sim again in 64bit. So I bought PMDG 737NGX. Love it but I find my knowledge lacking. I have been through the manuals but my problem is to do with the FMC being cycle 1108, I think. I have run tutorial a couple of times and thought why don’t I try and programme a route from Edinburgh to Heathrow to practice my learning so far. So the FMC is cycle 1108 which is 2011 eighth cycle I think. How do I get charts for this cycle that allow me to plot a route? I have looked at some sites and some are 2016, 2012, etc. Will I have to subscribe to Navigraph to get everything on the same cycle/date/charts to allow me to plan routes?

Cheers,

Mav

Hi Mav,

Can you provide some more details about what problem you have exactly when entering a route in the FMC? Are waypoints/airways missing in the FMC or is it something else?

Maarten

Maarten Boelens ([m][a:][R][t][ʏ][n])
Developer of SimLauncherX

ftx_supporter_avsim.gifC172Siggy1_zps11944daf.jpg

1108 is year 2011 Aug,

So well out of date.

I would suggest you update with Navigraph.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Hi Guys,

to answer your question Maarten in would appear that airways are missing when manually typing them in. Not recognized is usually what appears in the scratch pad. I'm assuming that some of the airways have changed since the release of 1108 and the fact the charts I'm using are newer as well which I think leads to more confusion for the FMC and me :-)

Hi Mav,

If you don't want to invest in a yearly subscription, you could consider buying a 1 month subscription at ~10€ for either Navigraph's FMS data or Aerosoft's NavDataPro. That would bring the data for all add-ons supporting AIRAC cycle data up to date for now. Waypoints, VORs, NDBs, airways, runways, SIDs and STARs do change from cycle to cycle, but they do not change very rapidly everywhere and the current cycle should be useable for some time.

Maarten

Maarten Boelens ([m][a:][R][t][ʏ][n])
Developer of SimLauncherX

ftx_supporter_avsim.gifC172Siggy1_zps11944daf.jpg

Hi Again Maarten,

I think I will do just that and subscribe for a month and get all the up to date data and use this until I have learnt more about my PMDG 737 NGX.

Thanks for your help. It's appreciated.

Mav.

You can also upgrade any other add ons you may have with navigraph for no extra cost. Its a one off cost for everything

ZORAN

Also, PMDG has an excellent support forum here on Avsim - further questions on the FMC should probably go there.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

6 hours ago, mawibo said:

If you don't want to invest in a yearly subscription, you could consider buying a 1 month subscription at ~10€ for either Navigraph's FMS data or Aerosoft's NavDataPro. That would bring the data for all add-ons supporting AIRAC cycle data up to date for now.

6 hours ago, MaverickScot said:

I think I will do just that and subscribe for a month and get all the up to date data and use this until I have learnt more about my PMDG 737 NGX.

Little tip: download the files you need manually from the FMS Data - Manual Install page and back them up.

https://www.navigraph.com/FmsDataManualInstall.aspx

If after a few months or years you need to reinstall everything for whatever reason you can use those downloaded files again. Obviously you will be using data that is 'old' by then but as long as all your addons share the same cycle there is no problem at all. If you don't do this you would have to take another months subscription to download data again after a reinstall (because you can only download data using the FMS data manager if you have an active subscription).