Sign in to follow this  
TheFlightSimGuy

Mod feedback stickies in this forum? Why?

I am confused about what the purpose and application of stickies in this forum are.

At the very top, for the last couple of months, I have seen a single moderators feedback (which seem to be corrected a few patches ago), as the first thing that greets users of FSW. 

I haven't seen this in other forums, is there a reason that their feedback is prioritized and that their personal feedback need to be considered the most important part of this forum? Other users have called attention to it but they remain. 

I would suggest we keep the most broadly helpful, relevant, and urgent posts as stickies, and do away with the disorganized appearance that currently exists. Just some user feedback. 

• Upvote 3

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

+1. Normally, pinned threads/stickies are only used for long-term information or particularly useful tips, not bug reports - there is already an established mechanism for these.

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, TheFlightSimGuy said:

I am confused about what the purpose and application of stickies in this forum are.

The main purpose of the "stickies" is to keep selected threads on the first page so they don't get pushed down the stack into total obscurity. I have now "unpinned" a number of them.