Sign in to follow this  
Skybus2000

Equivalent of AES for FSX

Hi

I am looking for some advice, I use AES quite a lot, however their last update has been since Jan this year, Oliver/Aerosoft have not given any indication as to when they will update it to include many of the new airports released for FSX.

I am looking to use some sort of equivalent for the next FSDG Mauritius scenery, mainly the use of air bridge and pushback utility as I cannot wait until Oliver finally decides to update his current AES version.

I am very disappointed with the way current AES customers have not had any concrete information in respect of when an long awaited anticipated update will be finally released.

Thank you very much

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Just to be clear for the OP, GSX does have jetway integration with jetways via SODE if the airport has SODE jetways built in. 

If it's an airport that uses Ctrl+J default jetways, they will also work as normal but not integrated with GSX.

If the airport has jetways that don't move at all, just static, then GSX nor Ctrl+J won't do anything. Not many airports are built like this anymore but they are still around from some older Aerosoft and various other developers. That was the only time AES actually replaced the static jetways with movable ones and GSX doesn't do that.

However, as mentioned, GSX is a one time purchase that works for all airports but not all jetways if they are static by default from the developer.

The problem with GSX is that on aerosoft airports and AES the pushback and handlers and stuff are being doubled which doesn't look natural and with AES disabled the jetways don't work but if you are a bit handy with ADE you can replace the Aerosoft jetways with default jetways and extensions jfk01 and jfk02 to match the real jetways as much as possible, did this for Aerosofts mega Brussels X airport and no more need for the way to expensive AES credits

Herman

Thank you ALL very much for your response, very helpful informative advice, I will look into that, although I am concerned in GSX that the pushback feature isn't like AES, very dissaponting with the service of AES customer care, I have numerous unused credits which I really regret buying and would strongly advise people not to rush into buying credits until Oliver can give some indication of when he is likely to update.

thanks

I don't know what Krazyk means with pushback service but GSX has pushback and lets you choose weather left strait or right and has pushback trucks and marshaller talking to you and giving instructions and the plane follows the yellow taxilines perfectly. The only thing AES has and GSX not is the cleaning trucks for toillets and cleaning crew van.

I love GSX and as for Aerosofts airports; you buy an expensive product and expect it to work fully, not to buy credits to get it working, in my eyes it 's just an Aerosoft rip off.

Many thanks, I will give GSX ago, I am looking for a good pushback simulation and quite frankly given up on AES with a lot of unsed credits.