Sign in to follow this  
Terrydew

LM Officially announces event tomorrow

17 minutes ago, ErichB said:

There must be a physics component to it though.  If you try to taxi an aircraft up a hill ...or down a hill  (yes I’ve tried in the past) you do get predictable behaviour , from what I recall.   The same should therefore also apply to sloping runways?  The issue is AI , which Christopher has pointed out

Maybe, but not as it should be.

For example I use SVMI from Latin VFR they implemented runway 09 as slope runway like in real life. If you take off from it with a 737-800 full loaded as soon as you hit the slope the plane jumps instead if continue being adhering to the Runway and increase speed factor.

So physics are not accurate, also as I understand it requires a lot of hacks and tricks for scenery developers to create this slope illusion.  

So LM must be looking into the realism side of things and also how to allow developers to implement the runways easier.

Simbol 

• Upvote 1

LOL!! LM could give this group the key to the fountain of youth along with living forever and they would start to complain about how crowded the sidewalks are going to get.

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/
ChasePlane/General Aviation/Honeycomb Alpha+Bravo/MFG Rudder Pedals/

Hello 

A date has been now set for Prepar3D v4.1     Please reference the Topic below for further comment and Information  

Topic locked