Sign in to follow this  
Terrydew

LM Officially announces event tomorrow

Just now, 787WannabePilot said:

I think VR will be the wave of the future, but there is so much more P3D should be doing that VR should be on the back burner.

Sure happy that they are doing VR, why let Xplane get ahead of them now?

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

VR has good immersion and its fun to buzz thru canyons in DCS.

But for me VR is nothing more than a toy. I need the tactile feeling of buttons and switches, flying an 737 with the rift? No way ;-)

System: i9 9900k@4.9 - 32 GB RAM - Aorus 1080ti --- Sim/Addons: P3D v5 + ProSim737
Signature3.png

I fly the 747 with the rift and use MCE for all controls except flying surfaces. If you have not tried the 747 or 737 with MCE and all the great voices (copilot, FE, ect.) your missing out. 

In the real airliners you don't use a keyboard to control most items. You issue a command, ask your crew or ground crew or ATC.  I never seen a mouse or computer keyboard in an airliner cockpit so why should I use one to help fly one? The FMC is the closest thing to a keyboard and that is set up before flight.

As for when you need to press a button you can use the the mouse because you still have pointer on screen. When Flyinside releases for V4 you can have a better pointer and also  have your charts and other outside panels on screen in VR.

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

16 minutes ago, warbirds said:

Sure happy that they are doing VR, why let Xplane get ahead of them now?

XP is way ahead of them on visuals already. 

8 minutes ago, warbirds said:

I fly the 747 with the rift and use MCE for all controls except flying surfaces. If you have not tried the 747 or 737 with MCE and all the great voices (copilot, FE, ect.) your missing out. 

In the real airliners you don't use a keyboard to control most items. You issue a command, ask your crew or ground crew or ATC.  I never seen a mouse or computer keyboard in an airliner cockpit so why should I use one to help fly one? The FMC is the closest thing to a keyboard and that is set up before flight.

As for when you need to press a button you can use the the mouse because you still have pointer on screen. When Flyinside releases for V4 you can have a better pointer and also  have your charts and other outside panels on screen in VR.

So you've never seen a pilot use his hands? :-)

• Upvote 1

Like I said, if you want to use the mouse you still can in VR. 

When I ran the largest RC forum on the net many years ago I found that most people (60 to 50 percent) came to the forum only to disagree or argue a point or to finish off a bad day at work. 

I am now done with this thread and find there is no point in tying to continuing to promote, what I think, is the best way to fly now, and in the future. 

Thanks for the discussion. 

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

As a starter, they need to fix the AI initialisation issues. It really shouldn't be all that difficult to make the AI planes behave properly as soon as the scenario is loaded (after all, Looking Glass Studios did it with Flight Unlimited 2 and 3), or solve that annoying "stop taxi, continue taxi, stop taxi, continue taxi....." BS.

• Upvote 1

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Well, maybe you just accept that some people don't like the state that "VR" is in at the moment. :-)

Enjoy your VR but don't try to missionate people?! Pretty simple plan to keep things good, especially on the internet.

46 minutes ago, simbol said:

I miss Windows 3.1, it was beautiful 😂

Neg, W3.1 was JUNK...DOS was beautiful...nobody who didnt understand DOS could frig with your computer.

spacer.png

59 minutes ago, warbirds said:

All this resistance to change is natural. Like I said before when I was doing virtual cockpits when everyone else was using panels I was heckled then as now. Also when I said flat screen LCD monitors would be the norm many years ago I was almost run out of the forums by the tube guys. So here I am again carrying the flag for the future and facing the gun,

Yes... you're the unsung hero and everybody's gunning for you...  :huh:

• Upvote 3

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

8 hours ago, tgcbraun said:

As for the nay-sayers, there are always those that are just more comfortable sticking to their old tricks and methods, instead of embracing change and challenging yourself to do things differently. Only then you can really move forward. This is valid to everything in life.

This has nothing to do with being a nay-sayer. At least in my case and I guess in most other cases. I tried it - and it sucks in my opinion :-) So I am waiting for the next gen.

And even then you have to face the challenges of looking at charts or doing whatever you need to do besides the "real flying".

Just chill and let people do what they like - easy :-)

1 hour ago, warbirds said:

All this resistance to change is natural. Like I said before when I was doing virtual cockpits when everyone else was using panels I was heckled then as now. Also when I said flat screen LCD monitors would be the norm many years ago I was almost run out of the forums by the tube guys. So here I am again carrying the flag for the future and facing the gun,

Golf clap

• Upvote 3

Matt Wilson

Not using VR and cant afford it, way overpriced.

spacer.png

Supposedly there are a few forum warriors on sentry duty over at the Prepar3d website giving F5 a torturous workout.

• Upvote 2