tooting

night lighting

Recommended Posts

Deep breath here... Black Marble works well if you have a high end system. I'll post some screenshots.  But the vector pack is hard on your system 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Does Black Marble work with Orbx vector or does it conflict?  I run pretty much all of the Orbx North America stuff.

19 minutes ago, tooting said:

Deep breath here... Black Marble works well if you have a high end system. I'll post some screenshots.  But the vector pack is hard on your system 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
33 minutes ago, Zimmerbz said:

Does Black Marble work with Orbx vector or does it conflict?  I run pretty much all of the Orbx North America stuff.

 

Yes I'll screen shot up some locations where do you want?  

It does but you have to run the patch from black marble and disable orbx lights 

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, tooting said:

Deep breath here... Black Marble works well if you have a high end system. I'll post some screenshots.  But the vector pack is hard on your system 

 

No high end system needed.

In the BM manager you can set everything  to your liking : Eg 50% lights of a particular road type instead of 100%

Myself I do not use pedestrians , living streets and service roads because I am a jetflyer..

Beside that there are several tips on how to have the max framerate possible.

Here some screenshots I took while flying ( triple visual system )

https://forums.chrisbelldesigns.com/topic/464-hurghada-amsterdam-screenshots/

 

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, tooting said:

Yes I'll screen shot up some locations where do you want?  

It does but you have to run the patch from black marble and disable orbx lights 

I'd love to see some screenshots around Chicago or any other major US city. 

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, GSalden said:

No high end system needed.

In the BM manager you can set everything  to your liking : Eg 50% lights of a particular road type instead of 100%

Myself I do not use pedestrians , living streets and service roads because I am a jetflyer..

Beside that there are several tips on how to have the max framerate possible.

Here some screenshots I took while flying ( triple visual system )

https://forums.chrisbelldesigns.com/topic/464-hurghada-amsterdam-screenshots/

 

Good to see some objectivity on Black Marble .I take it you like it and its worth the money!Hope the new P3D v 4.1 doesnt break anything!

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Zimmerbz said:

And I'm guessing you would need to have Base and Vector?

Yep ...

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, tooting said:

Yes I'll screen shot up some locations where do you want?  

It does but you have to run the patch from black marble and disable orbx lights 

Is this something easy to run or does it require going in and manually changing things with in the cfg's?  I'm notorious for messing things up so I try to get things with installers or easy to run executable files.  I'd hate to spend  the money for Base and Vector and not have it work with all of the Orbx I have or mess things up and cause me to do a complete re install of p3d.

Share this post


Link to post
17 hours ago, GSalden said:

Yep ...

How easy is it to install BM on top of orbx vector, orbx North America ?  Is it an easy installer or would I need to manually adjust things?

Share this post


Link to post

It works great together.

If you disable the Orbx lights you only have to install the Orbx patches from BM.

One if you use BM base + BM Vector. The other you only if use if you have  3D Bridges too.

They have been made in coorporation with Orbx.

I use FTX Global + FTX OL EU + FTX Vector ( only coastlines ) icw BM.

See the BM site for more info :

https://forums.chrisbelldesigns.com/

 

Share this post


Link to post

Black Marble can be setup to work on any hardware Base and Vector together!
Back Marble with all its pack just as Night Environment regional packs all work with all existing addons with no outstanding issues,

performance is individual to each simmers setup; but rest assure no matter what your current setup Black Marble with Vector Pack can be made to run on any platform grade!

the complaint you hear are from greedy (yes i said it :P) simmer who wont budge and insist on running high setting with no compromise consideration to their existing addons or settings!!!

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now