Sign in to follow this  
otter5555

what a great flight sim!

i know this is a dead sim 

i know it lacks the feature set of fsx 

and i don't care :)

like many here i was a rwp until about 10 years ago.

back then all i did was  "go up and look around."

it made me grin.

i've flown flight sims (every one of them) since the beginning of time :)

some were more realistic, some had better flight models and some had better grafics.

but flight........makes me grin :)

it's real enough for the vfr flying that i have done most of my life

after being away from sims for several years i reinstalled fs2004, fsx and flight.

i spend all my time with flight.

we all have different goals with our sim flying, mine is simple vfr flight.

i have never (even with tons of addons) had a better vfr experience than i get with flight.

i have 2 asus gaming laptops that run all my sims at MAX smooth as silk.

no more constant tweaking for a few more fps, no more compromising view quality for fps or vise versa.

i don't care if anyone ever releases another flight sim.

i'm grinning :)

well, i'm off to explore more of alaska and then to make it back to my fbo before dark

otter5555

• Upvote 4

I haven't flown Flight in years, but it was interesting to look at.  Quite a bit of fun if you step back to let yourself be entertained.

John

I'm glad you still like Flight. I wish it hadn't met it's market demise before it was fully fleshed out but even though it did, it still offers some of the best visuals and dynamics of any sim today.

Any time I just want to putter around and practice some touch and goes, short field procedures, or some tough weather, I fire Flight up and enjoy myself.

Thank you.

Rick

$Silver Donor

EAA 1317610   I7-7700K @ 4.5ghz, MSI Z270 Gaming MB,  32gb 3200,  Geforce RTX2080 Super O/C,  28" Samsung 4k Monitor,  Various SSD, HD, and peripherals

Had Flight followed the "full-world scenery with SDK" format of flight simulator, it would have been accepted better. lack of features and the DLC route just killed it. Oddly, Flight Sim World by Dovetail still lacks functionality, no SDK, and already DLC is being introduced. That doesn't sound like a good formula (although they do model the whole world).

Flight had a great scenery system. Very flexible, allowing great local and regional detail. A shame it wasn't adopted by Dovetail. They have the code.

• Upvote 1

Flight was / is still ( although it's been a long time I uninstalled it... )  my preferred civil flight sim Ever !

What a loss!

I will never forgive MS for having abbandoned such a Great Project... and driving it as they did.... Not fair!

• Upvote 2

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...