Sign in to follow this  
skyguy266

P3D v4.1 Released

7 hours ago, georgiosgiannoukos said:

Client installed ok but content and scenery stop and can not proceed to install why? What is wrong? Have I done something wrong?

please advise

There is two more files to download. installcontent.msi + cont1.cab + cont2.cab

14 hours ago, Spilfred said:

There is two more files to download. installcontent.msi + cont1.cab + cont2.cab

But according to the official update manual by LM you only need to download the cont1.cab file. 

Former MSFS Alpha Tester, current member of the MSFS Stream Team.

6 minutes ago, simtom said:

But according to the official update manual by LM you only need to download the cont1.cab file. 

Ok, mistake on there part but logic would have told you to down load both files seeing they were name cont1.cab and cont2.cab. Plus it's been well spelled out here in the forums. 

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro

Yeah, that’s what I thought as well. On the P3D’s forums there’s also a post that explains the update process and there they do mention the second file.

Former MSFS Alpha Tester, current member of the MSFS Stream Team.

Everything good on my end with 4.1. Reinstalled client, content, and scenery one at a time by uninstalling and installing.

Tested the NG, 744, and 777. All smooth.

Looking forward to rain effects on the windscreen one day.

Bob Donovan - KBOS

• Hardware: i7 11700k on ROG Strix Z590 ► Asus ROG GeForce 3070 ►FDS 737 FMC ► VRInsight 737 Overhead ► GoFlight TQ6 ADV ► Thrustmaster Warthog
  • Software: P3D ► MSFS ► XP11 ► DCS World

Hi, done a full reinstall on the sim to 4.1 and now all PMDG aircraft (747, 737, 777) wont install as it says my p3d is out of date and needs updating?? Tried a search but couldnt find anything relevant - any help would be greatly appreciated.

Lew

1 hour ago, Lewis Steeper said:

Hi, done a full reinstall on the sim to 4.1 and now all PMDG aircraft (747, 737, 777) wont install as it says my p3d is out of date and needs updating?? Tried a search but couldnt find anything relevant - any help would be greatly appreciated.

Lew

Sounds like you have old P3D installers. Redownload your installers.

Kyle Rodgers

I have also installed 4.1.  737/747/777 seem to work OK.  Some issues with the DC6:  The AFE does not  work (as already mentioned in this thread) and P3D crashed on exit when the flight is loaded from a saved scenario.

Hi Folks,

No problem here on the update, at least with the 737, seems to be an increase in frame rates.  Installed only the client.

. Haven't tried the 777, or the 747 yet.  Read the directions, and always turn off your anti-virus, and UAC, before installing.

Jerry Friz

On ‎10‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 2:57 AM, rampa said:

No more AFE, manutention, fuel and the other windows on the DC6.

With 4.1 LM changed something in the saved flights. When loading from saved flights (not only PMDG) some or all windows normally opened with the Shift + N keys do not open (and with the DC6 they will not open from the SHIFT + 2 control panel icons either if you get that window up).

I have found that if this happens, if I reload the aircraft (Main menu Vehicle/Select and chose the same DC6 model/livery) it re-initializes the plane and all the Shift + N windows. I then save the scenario again (overwrite my original saved situation), and good to go next time.

Either that or you will have to recreate the scenario form scratch at the opening screen and then save over your original saved flight.

As I said this applies not only to PMDG saved flights but I get the same problem with many other planes, and I use the same fix.

Rob

• Upvote 1

Robin Harris

Rob,

I agree that the problem lies in some incompatibilities of 4.1 with scenarios saved under 4 but reloading the aircraft did not solve my problem (which, in my case, was that only the AFE was not working (the other windows (payload etc...) were opening and working normally),  The problem disappears when the DC6 is loaded from the opening screen or when it is used in a scenario prepared and saved under 4.1. 

I did not see any problem with the other aircraft (PMDG and P3D native) but, on the other hand, they do not use the windows system of the DC6.

Paul

On 10/10/2017 at 10:47 PM, georgiosgiannoukos said:

Client installed ok but content and scenery stop and can not proceed to install why? What is wrong? Have I done something wrong?

please advise

Please make sure that you have all the files in the same folder before installing content and scenery. Your folder should look like this.

I updated to v4.1 a few days ago then I lost steering on all my planes. I updated EZCA yesterday to the latest beta which seemed to be causing some issues. I updated my PMDG 737 and A2A aircraft yesterday. I have steering on all my planes now except for PMDG 737. Is anyone else having this issue still? If not can someone point me in the direction to fix this problem. thanks.

Colin

On 10/13/2017 at 5:32 PM, colinm44 said:

I updated to v4.1 a few days ago then I lost steering on all my planes. I updated EZCA yesterday to the latest beta which seemed to be causing some issues. I updated my PMDG 737 and A2A aircraft yesterday. I have steering on all my planes now except for PMDG 737. Is anyone else having this issue still? If not can someone point me in the direction to fix this problem. thanks.

Colin

Do you have the latest FSUIPC? Maybe that's the problem? But I highly doubt it since the PMDG 737 is the only plane with the problem.