johnburke

P3D v4.1 Released

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Client installed ok but content and scenery stop and can not proceed to install why? What is wrong? Have I done something wrong?

please advise

Everything okay on my side :)

I hope PMDG will adjust the windows to show raindrops <3  No hurry !!!

6 minutes ago, Flyinggok said:

Everything okay on my side :)

I hope PMDG will adjust the windows to show raindrops <3  No hurry !!!

Me too! Raindrops on VC is exponential realism!

A little advice needed.  I have all the PMDG planes on P3Dv3.  I also have P3Dv4 on the same machine.  If i want to install the 777 on P3DV4, can I just go into my download folder (where the pmdg.setup file exists) and run the install and direct it toP3Dv4?? Is it that easy?

2 minutes ago, paulyg123 said:

A little advice needed.  I have all the PMDG planes on P3Dv3.  I also have P3Dv4 on the same machine.  If i want to install the 777 on P3DV4, can I just go into my download folder (where the pmdg.setup file exists) and run the install and direct it toP3Dv4?? Is it that easy?

Nope. Uninstall/reinstall.

28 minutes ago, scandinavian13 said:

Nope. Uninstall/reinstall.

Why would I uninstall it?  I have P3D V3 full of all the airports (FlyTampa and all your planes) I want to slowly migrate over to P3D V4 while keeping P3DV3 on the same computer active (until I get all the kinks worked out.  Can my PMDG 777 co-exist on the same computer in P3Dv3 and P3D v4?  Also I tried to upgrade P3dV4.1, it is a full 12 GB download install or is there just a file for the new version.  It seems like a complete re-install.

2 minutes ago, paulyg123 said:

Why would I uninstall it?  I have P3D V3 full of all the airports (FlyTampa and all your planes) I want to slowly migrate over to P3D V4 while keeping P3DV3 on the same computer active (until I get all the kinks worked out.  Can my PMDG 777 co-exist on the same computer in P3Dv3 and P3D v4?  Also I tried to upgrade P3dV4.1, it is a full 12 GB download install or is there just a file for the new version.  It seems like a complete re-install.

You can run P3D v3 and v4 side by side.  I think Kyle was talking about having to uninstall the PMDG products only and reinstall.

56 minutes ago, paulyg123 said:

The subject of your earlier post was our installers:

"If i want to install the 777 on P3DV4, can I just go into my download folder (where the pmdg.setup file exists) and run the install and direct it toP3Dv4?? Is it that easy?"
...at no point references P3D installers, so my response of uninstall/reinstall would naturally only refer to the subject of the sentence as written, i.e. ours.

4 hours ago, rampa said:

No more AFE, manutention, fuel and the other windows on the DC6.

Problem solved, just not loading the saved flights. Updated client and content.

7 hours ago, georgiosgiannoukos said:

Client installed ok but content and scenery stop and can not proceed to install why? What is wrong? Have I done something wrong?

please advise

There is two more files to download. installcontent.msi + cont1.cab + cont2.cab

14 hours ago, Spilfred said:

There is two more files to download. installcontent.msi + cont1.cab + cont2.cab

But according to the official update manual by LM you only need to download the cont1.cab file. 

6 minutes ago, simtom said:

But according to the official update manual by LM you only need to download the cont1.cab file. 

Ok, mistake on there part but logic would have told you to down load both files seeing they were name cont1.cab and cont2.cab. Plus it's been well spelled out here in the forums. 

Yeah, that’s what I thought as well. On the P3D’s forums there’s also a post that explains the update process and there they do mention the second file.

Everything good on my end with 4.1. Reinstalled client, content, and scenery one at a time by uninstalling and installing.

Tested the NG, 744, and 777. All smooth.

Looking forward to rain effects on the windscreen one day.

Hi, done a full reinstall on the sim to 4.1 and now all PMDG aircraft (747, 737, 777) wont install as it says my p3d is out of date and needs updating?? Tried a search but couldnt find anything relevant - any help would be greatly appreciated.

Lew

1 hour ago, Lewis Steeper said:

Hi, done a full reinstall on the sim to 4.1 and now all PMDG aircraft (747, 737, 777) wont install as it says my p3d is out of date and needs updating?? Tried a search but couldnt find anything relevant - any help would be greatly appreciated.

Lew

Sounds like you have old P3D installers. Redownload your installers.

I have also installed 4.1.  737/747/777 seem to work OK.  Some issues with the DC6:  The AFE does not  work (as already mentioned in this thread) and P3D crashed on exit when the flight is loaded from a saved scenario.

Hi Folks,

No problem here on the update, at least with the 737, seems to be an increase in frame rates.  Installed only the client.

. Haven't tried the 777, or the 747 yet.  Read the directions, and always turn off your anti-virus, and UAC, before installing.

Jerry Friz

On ‎10‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 2:57 AM, rampa said:

No more AFE, manutention, fuel and the other windows on the DC6.

With 4.1 LM changed something in the saved flights. When loading from saved flights (not only PMDG) some or all windows normally opened with the Shift + N keys do not open (and with the DC6 they will not open from the SHIFT + 2 control panel icons either if you get that window up).

I have found that if this happens, if I reload the aircraft (Main menu Vehicle/Select and chose the same DC6 model/livery) it re-initializes the plane and all the Shift + N windows. I then save the scenario again (overwrite my original saved situation), and good to go next time.

Either that or you will have to recreate the scenario form scratch at the opening screen and then save over your original saved flight.

As I said this applies not only to PMDG saved flights but I get the same problem with many other planes, and I use the same fix.

Rob

• Upvote 1