duckbilled

Not upgrading. Am I really missing something major?

Howdy,

Not knocking those that have upgraded or LM - I just don't have time to fly with a 4mo old boy, so tinkering is a bit out of the question unless it is a must.

I have read the new features/fixes and it looks like the only big new feature is the rain effect. I'm not flying default aircraft, so I don't think it will make a difference for me - almost always fly the PMDG737. 4.0 seems to be running fine, so is there really a need to upgrade now, or can I wait for something a bit more earth shattering (or an add on, like the QW787, that is only compatible with the most recent release)?

Thanks

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

8 minutes ago, duckbilled said:

Howdy,

Not knocking those that have upgraded or LM - I just don't have time to fly with a 4mo old boy, so tinkering is a bit out of the question unless it is a must.

I have read the new features/fixes and it looks like the only big new feature is the rain effect. I'm not flying default aircraft, so I don't think it will make a difference for me - almost always fly the PMDG737. 4.0 seems to be running fine, so is there really a need to upgrade now, or can I wait for something a bit more earth shattering (or an add on, like the QW787, that is only compatible with the most recent release)?

Thanks

I always wait a while for the dust to settle.  Works fine so far for me.  What's a couple of weeks? No rush.

• Upvote 1

It takes 30 minutes or less to update if you just to the client and content plus a few 3rd party updates.  Worth it in my opinion just to have the latest optimizations from LM. 

• Upvote 1

Nothing major so i wouldn't rush i bet you have your hands full as it is. It is a quick update as Mark just mentioned but time is precious.

Congratulations on your boy BTW best of luck and health to him 

• Upvote 1

This was my plan, to skip the update.  However, this morning I updated Active Sky and broke my PMDG weather radar, didn't have a backup of the previous AS version.  I decided to to just wipe everything out and rebuild from scratch.

This is my first venture into Prepar3d and the install/update structure.  I personally think it's nuts that there's so much tinkering required in this process.  Besides that, nobody can seem to agree on what components should be installed or not.  If I need to mess with that much stuff, might as well do it all and update everything.

• Upvote 1