Sign in to follow this  
Chee Voon Liew

PMDG 737 800900 NGX Plane sink and crash on the runway.

Hello everyone!

I've selected PMDG 737 on the change vehicle screen on P3D V4.1 after that I've clicked ok button for return to startup screen and click ok button goes to the runway.  I've opened the menu bar when I was on the runway; I have selected vehicles pulled down the dropbox and I've clicked select went to change vehicles screen then I've selected same aircraft but different airline and then went back to the runway.  Roughly minute later; the plane drop and crashed on the runway when I wasn't touch a keyboard and joystick.

I've tried to turn off the crash detection but the problem will be different; I've return to the runway and minute later; the plane drop and  move bouncing on the runway but I also don't touch a keyboard and joystick either.

If you don't mind; I can show you the video below. Please let me know if you can fix this problem.

Chee Voon

Right in the manual for many years now is to not load another livery or variant on top of another. If you want to change liveries shut down the sim and start over. 

"One shortcoming of all PMDG products is that our products do not like to be “reloaded” on top of themselves. This means that if you have one livery or variant of the airplane selected and running within the simulation world (say, a 737-900) and you wish to change liveries to a different 737, you will need to shut down the simulator and then select the new variant or livery you wish to switch to from scratch. If you load a 737 livery or variant on top of itself you will see strange issues in the cockpit, P3D may CTD or otherwise crash, etc. "

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

And also do NOT load it as default aircraft in your quick start window, there you should have an default P3D aircraft like the trike etc.

System: i9 9900k@4.9 - 32 GB RAM - Aorus 1080ti --- Sim/Addons: P3D v5 + ProSim737
Signature3.png

P3D does not have a Trike as its default. That's in FSX. It's the F22 in P3D.

8 hours ago, vc10man said:

P3D does not have a Trike as its default. That's in FSX. It's the F22 in P3D.

True, my choice default aircraft is the BE-58 Baron.  A friend of mine has copied the SimObject files for the Trike to P3D and says it works just fine.  Many options, just don't use a complex aircraft.

Dan Downs KCRP

16 hours ago, Chee Voon Liew said:

Hello Dan!

How do I manage to set the BE-58 Baron as default for P3D V4.1?

Thx

Chee Voon

I recommend that the Scenario Setup screen in P3D always be the first to open when P3D starts.  From the Scenario Setup screen, select the Baron and the location you want it to be at on default scenario starts..., then check the Default scenario box.  I don't have it running right now so I cannot be precise, but basically you change the default scenario to the aircraft and location you want.

Dan Downs KCRP