Sign in to follow this  
John_Cillis

Had to reregister XPlane11

Odd thing happened this morning when I started Xplane11.  I was asked to reregister the product.  My key was retained so I just had to respond to the dialog and was authenticated again.  Has this every happened to anyone and why do you think?

John

Yes it happens from time to time, for me it seems to be most likely after a beta update, but that is not always the case. The key is always in so just have to click and updates immediately. That is not the case however with the XP 11.05r that I put on my D: drive. with that one I have to manually put the key in each time it asks.

Happens to me quite a lot also.

Not a real biggie, as all info retained just requires the respond

Pete Little

4 hours ago, mazelda said:

Happens to me quite a lot also.

Not a real biggie, as all info retained just requires the respond

Thanks for the confirmation, won't worry about it.  I'm not participating in the beta, decided to wait until the general release.

John

5 hours ago, Cactus521 said:

Odd thing happened this morning when I started Xplane11.  I was asked to reregister the product.  My key was retained so I just had to respond to the dialog and was authenticated again.  Has this every happened to anyone and why do you think?

John

Yes.  & it is not the first time, from time to time,   XP keep asking me to enter my registration key

I get it occasionally and it's annoying.

XP ran occasional "phone home" authorization checks during v10, but it was always in the background and done automatically. There is no point in asking the user to click "okay" if the code is already filled in.

The only reason I can think of for this design (and maybe I'm missing something), is that they want to remind users that there is at least one layer of DRM in the product, to discourage attempts at sharing.

X-Plane and Microsoft Flight Simulator on Windows 10 
i7 6700 4.0 GHz, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1660 ti, 1920x1200 monitor

1 minute ago, Paraffin said:

I get it occasionally and it's annoying.

XP ran occasional "phone home" authorization checks during v10, but it was always in the background and done automatically. There is no point in asking the user to click "okay" if the code is already filled in.

The only reason I can think of for this design (and maybe I'm missing something), is that they want to remind users that there is at least one layer of DRM in the product, to discourage attempts at sharing.

Probably true, although a copy of the install folder would just go into demo mode anyway restricting the user to just Seattle I believe.

John

I had this 2x in a row and then not again for months so it is quite random I guess. I have no problem with it.