BBoyJD10

Prepar3D V3.4 CTD

Just done the new windows 10 fall creator update and now prepar3d v3.4 doesnt startup.

"Prepar3d was unable to initialize the rendering system and was shutdown. Please make sure this system has a video card that supports DirectX 11 and that the drivers are up to date."

I have latest NVIDIA Drivers for my 980ti.

Can anyone help ?

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

3 hours ago, BBoyJD10 said:

Just done the new windows 10 fall creator update and now prepar3d v3.4 doesnt startup.

"Prepar3d was unable to initialize the rendering system and was shutdown. Please make sure this system has a video card that supports DirectX 11 and that the drivers are up to date."

I have latest NVIDIA Drivers for my 980ti.

Can anyone help ?

Uninstall the latest updates. 

Supposedly, Microsoft will issue a solution November 14th that will solve this problem. There is more information on the prepar3d website forums.

Switch to p3d V4.1 is another solution

Vic

• Upvote 2

BBoyJC10,

Have  you tried starting V3.4 by going to the planner first, creating a flight plan, and starting from there?

I'm able to run 3.4 this way...I'm using 382.05 drivers on Windows 10 Home, version 1703.

This works for me, but if I run 3.4 normally, (choose a plane, choose an airport, click start), then it crashes at 100% loading.

Going through the flight planner instead, allows me to run without issue.

On 10/28/2017 at 6:40 PM, BBoyJD10 said:

I cant :(

Open up Windows Update.  On the left column click on 'Recovery'.  It will take you back to the previous version.  They have a nag to ask you why you want to go back to the previous version.  I did it yesterday.  Works well.  Just do not allow Windows to update automatically until the issues are fixed by Microsoft.

This problem has nothing to do with the Windows update.  I did a search for "Prepar3d was unable to initialize the rendering system and was shutdown. Please make sure this system has a video card that supports DirectX 11" and came up with many fixes including the one posted by JeffB above - https://www.google.com/search?q=Prepar3d+was+unable+to+initialize+the+rendering+system+and+was+shutdown.+Please+make+sure+this+system+has+a+video+card+that+supports+DirectX+11+and+th&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-b-1.  The error has been around long before v3.3.4.

Best regards,

Jim