Sign in to follow this  
Dave-Pilot2ATC

ATC-Chatter available from Stick and Rudder Studios

1 hour ago, BrianT said:

Hi Mark can we no longer just download the updated clips without needing FS-ATC-Chatter or X-ATC-Chatter?
I only use the clips in P2ATC and would prefer not to have to add the player just to get the updates.

I will periodically update the main collections that you purchase but we have a few active volunteers now and I can't update the master retail version that often, it is now being offered on four retail sites so it is a bit of a pain to update them all with a 3+ GB file every few weeks. This is one of the reasons why we added clip updates directly into the X-ATC-Chatter and FS-ATC-Chatter players.

You don't need to keep the FS-ATC-Chatter player running all the time. Just run it periodically and see if there are any clip updates. I also think one user actually created a folder link from Pilot2ATC\Sounds\ATC-Chatter\Regions to FS-ATC-Chatter\Regions so that after allowing the FS-ATC-Chatter player to pull down the new clips they would show up in P2ATC.

Please note, I have not personally tried this and it would require that P2ATC have the ability to follow the folder link, but one user told me he tried it and it works great.

Thanks for your understanding.

Mark

22 minutes ago, markcellis said:

I will periodically update the main collections that you purchase but we have a few active volunteers now and I can't update the master retail version that often, it is now being offered on four retail sites so it is a bit of a pain to update them all with a 3+ GB file every few weeks. This is one of the reasons why we added clip updates directly into the X-ATC-Chatter and FS-ATC-Chatter players.

You don't need to keep the FS-ATC-Chatter player running all the time. Just run it periodically and see if there are any clip updates. I also think one user actually created a folder link from Pilot2ATC\Sounds\ATC-Chatter\Regions to FS-ATC-Chatter\Regions so that after allowing the FS-ATC-Chatter player to pull down the new clips they would show up in P2ATC.

Please note, I have not personally tried this and it would require that P2ATC have the ability to follow the folder link, but one user told me he tried it and it works great.

Thanks for your understanding.

Mark

Understood, and not a problem, I'll go and download one of the players. thanks for getting back and keep up the excellent work!

Brian Thomas

WW1618.png

Really like this add-on, just need a working Navdata reader for WIn 11, tried the latest version on GitHub but failed me big time. If there are any folks out there who have this setup recently, please share your tips. THX. Thanks to Mark for his 100% super fast support on his fantastic add-on.

On 1/30/2024 at 2:07 PM, blu said:

Really like this add-on, just need a working Navdata reader for WIn 11, tried the latest version on GitHub but failed me big time. If there are any folks out there who have this setup recently, please share your tips. THX. Thanks to Mark for his 100% super fast support on his fantastic add-on.

RE: ATC Chatter & Pilot2ATC Tutorial up on YT

My FS-ATC Chatter Regions folder also has a ClipTags.csv inside as well, I guess I should not add this to the Pilot2ATC Sounds ATC_Chatter folder?

Cheers Blu

3 hours ago, blu said:

RE: ATC Chatter & Pilot2ATC Tutorial up on YT

My FS-ATC Chatter Regions folder also has a ClipTags.csv inside as well, I guess I should not add this to the Pilot2ATC Sounds ATC_Chatter folder?

Cheers Blu

FYI I've left it in my folder and it's all working fine.

• Like 1

Brian Thomas

WW1618.png

i am using the chatter in piot2atc works as mentioned , quite immersive though - just hope the dev updats the main program