Sign in to follow this  
Dave-Pilot2ATC

ATC-Chatter available from Stick and Rudder Studios

On 1/13/2019 at 4:21 AM, JeB1952 said:

Tip for X-ATC Chatter.   Pilot2ATC doesn't support regions yet.  However, I have found a way to do so just changing the location of the regions as this picture indicates.  I placed each region at the ATC_Chatter level.  Pilot2ATC will look in the designation location in the Config/sounds for ...controllers/...

Dam no pictures here.

ATC_Chatter

1. Africa
  2. Canada
  3. United States
  4. etc

If flying in Canada, I point P2A sounds at whatever region I am located.  For Example I enter the path to Canada and now I get Canada chatter.  Of course regions with no sound clips will not have any bites.

Enjoy.

PS.In the main Controllers directory I merged all the regions together into one worldly view.  Its so funny to get accents during flight. 

Thanks for tis tip but cant undertand at all, can you link a URL image?

Thanks

Well if you can't understand the windows file system or entering a path into Pilot2ATC config for sounds root folder then just forget about it.  This forum doesn't support pictures so I am not bothering to post somewhere and then a url here.

No magic, I just set the root to the region that I want to be hearing.

I have been playing with it and I am not sure it is even working.  Get back to you on this.

P2ATC looks for ATC_Chatter/Controllers/...  and the individual controllers below Controllers.

For example to make Canada work the structure will be:

Canada/ATC_Chatter/Controllers/... all the sub categories.

The same is true for each region from X-ATC-Chatter you purchased.

Now if you want region Canada for the current flight set the Config/Sound path to point to Canada as the base.

However you want to arrange as long as the folder contains .../ATC_Chatter/Controllers/...

On 1/29/2019 at 2:27 PM, JeB1952 said:

For example to make Canada work the structure will be:

Canada/ATC_Chatter/Controllers/... all the sub categories.

Thanks for posting that. I just installed X-ATC-Chatter and created folders for US/Canada and Europe. Works like a charm. 😃

Any plans for Asian region voices?

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

I have one volunteer that just started working on them but I have not received his submission yet.

Mark

I bought X-atc chatter and I love it. Is there a way to increase the volume of the chatter? It's very low compared to the pilot2atc voices, and I can't even really hear it above the aircraft engine noise.

In X-Plane I have all the volumes maxxed except the aircraft interior which is the engine noise. I have that almost zero.

Edited by moespeeds

The Volume controls and Mute button on the Radio Control Panel control the volume of the Chatter.

Click on the Standby Comm area to open the Radio Control Panel in P2A.

Dave

Hello Mark, will there be another black friday sale in 2020? I'm interested in getting this.

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

Hi,

I'm currently trying out X-ATC-Chatter with the trial version of Pilot2ATC, and can't seem to get it to work. I copied the sound files based on the instructions:

- Pilot2ATC_2020_x64

- Sounds

- ATC_Chatter

- Controllers

- App

- Clr

etc.

and in Pilot2ATC I have the Root folder set to D:\FS2020\Tools\Pilot2ATC_2020_x64\Sounds

Now when I have "Pause between file playback" unchecked, the files play fine and I can hear the chatter, but continuously (which I don't want). If I have it checked (and e.g. min/max set to 60s / 120s), nothing plays at all. Also tried with an empty Root folder, but same thing.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks!

You should have a folder structure more like:

- Pilot2ATC_2020_x64

- Sounds

- ATC_Chatter

-Regions

-Africa

-Asia

Canada

- Controllers

- App

- - - - - 

-Europe

-etc.

You should also clear the Root Folder and leave it blank since this is the default installation location.

Dave

Thanks Dave, that works perfectly now!

Maybe you should update the link on the 'Downloads' web page to point to the most current manual (it's still 2.5 and stupidly there's where I looked for the setup instead in the one from the installation).

I do have another problem with Navigraph data, but I'll post my question in another thread so not to pollute this one.

Thanks again, I'm beginning to love it...

• Upvote 1

I think it is a good idea to rename this thread to just "ATC-Chatter" .  There is a new player available for FS2020.

Product page.  https://www.stickandrudderstudios.com/fs-atc-chatter-overview/

Product video. 

System Spec 1: Nvidia RTX 4090,  AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D, Res 5120x1440, HP Reverb G2
System Spec 2: AMD Radeon RX 7900XT, Intel I-9 9990K, Res 3840x1080, HP Reverb G2