dmarques69

MSI Afterburner can induce stutters

Recommended Posts

After my adventure shared here https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/522926-texture_size_exp10-gives-me-out-of-memory/#comment-3737174

i was still having some strange issue with stutters, and where some weird ones, only while taxiing and turning or when using cinema mode in chaseplane, after some more investigation i found that MSi Afterburner was causing it, after closing it smooth as butter.

Really like Afterburner but for now is a no go for me while flying, im using the last 4.4.0 version.

 

Just wanted to alert the community for those who have similar symptoms.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I'm using MSI AB but haven't experienced any stuttering.

Thanks for the HU though, will keep it in mind. 

Share this post


Link to post
23 hours ago, dmarques69 said:

After my adventure shared here https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/522926-texture_size_exp10-gives-me-out-of-memory/#comment-3737174

i was still having some strange issue with stutters, and where some weird ones, only while taxiing and turning or when using cinema mode in chaseplane, after some more investigation i found that MSi Afterburner was causing it, after closing it smooth as butter.

Really like Afterburner but for now is a no go for me while flying, im using the last 4.4.0 version.

 

Just wanted to alert the community for those who have similar symptoms.

 

Glad you found the culprit. Were you using Afterburner for over-clocking or just system monitoring?

Might be a good idea to report this solution on the other thread too to close that part off.

gb.

Share this post


Link to post

I have heard of someone else having a similar issue, they solved it by turning off all the internal monitoring features, which most people don't use but it's always polling in the background by default. 

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, gboz said:

Glad you found the culprit. Were you using Afterburner for over-clocking or just system monitoring?

Might be a good idea to report this solution on the other thread too to close that part off.

gb.

Thanks mate! im using for both! But this one was just part of the problem, the other sutters that i had(in flight) is still a mystery how did i solved it, because i did so many things :)

Share this post


Link to post

 

On 11 November 2017 at 10:17 PM, dmarques69 said:

i found that MSi Afterburner was causing it,

Was this using the Vive or just with a monitor? As you said you were using it for over-clocking, could your GPU temperature be spiking and causing brief throttling (particularly on the ground at a complex airport)?

I have to say that this is the first time I've heard of Afterburner causing a problem that wasn't related to pushing the GPU too far.

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, vortex681 said:

 

Was this using the Vive or just with a monitor? As you said you were using it for over-clocking, could your GPU temperature be spiking and causing brief throttling (particularly on the ground at a complex airport)?

I have to say that this is the first time I've heard of Afterburner causing a problem that wasn't related to pushing the GPU too far.

Just monitoring with the monitor and no OC also happens, i have one suspicious...custom fan profile! But i didnt tried without it, im not using it now!

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now