Sign in to follow this  
Mangouste

SYNTHETIC VISION SYSTEM

No and in the tbm the sys vis button dosent even show up

well, that means you have TBM with which is not SVS enabled. Either you re-download the aircraft (2.1 afaik) 

SYN VIS button (after choosing PFD button first) shows only for SVS enabled versions (released somewhere in November)

53 minutes ago, zbychus said:

well, that means you have TBM with which is not SVS enabled. Either you re-download the aircraft (2.1 afaik) 

SYN VIS button (after choosing PFD button first) shows only for SVS enabled versions (released somewhere in November)

I bought the tbm a week ago how is it possible i do not have the updated version

19 minutes ago, zbychus said:

dont ask me :)

but if you do not see the button then you have an old one.

I have bert's GTN mod could that be it?

25 minutes ago, Eytan_Ofir said:

I have bert's GTN mod could that be it?

That could be it, since my GTN mods and SVS do not work together.. as best I know..

Bert

4 minutes ago, Bert Pieke said:

That could be it, since my GTN mods and SVS do not work together.. as best I know..

Oh man...

well I guess they are compatible but as SVS comes with modified panel.cfg  probably you would need to edit it for both options.

Hi All,

I have just read all the posts on this thread and looked at the promo video on you tube. I may be very dense here but what does this synthetic vision give you that looking out of the cockpit window doesn't? Perhaps spending shed loads of money on very nice scenery add ons and not looking out of the window(s) is the way to go.:blink::blink::bengong:

I'll keep it tea.:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

All the best.

53 minutes ago, Nigellgh said:

I have just read all the posts on this thread and looked at the promo video on you tube. I may be very dense here but what does this synthetic vision give you that looking out of the cockpit window doesn't?

Do you fly with real weather enabled?  :happy:

• Upvote 1

Bert

5 hours ago, Nigellgh said:

I may be very dense here but what does this synthetic vision give you that looking out of the cockpit window doesn't? 

Ever heard of IMC?

On 20/12/2017 at 1:43 AM, Bert Pieke said:

Do you fly with real weather enabled?  :happy:

Hi Bert,

Yup, I have AS16 and ASCA every flight.

On 20/12/2017 at 5:47 AM, J35OE said:

Ever heard of IMC?

Hi J35OE,

Yup, Instrument meteorological conditions,  It's ok for a few flights but I still prefer to see the scenery.

To Both,

I have a perfectly good GTN 750/650 setup, which seems to me to provide nearly all the same facilities ( OK not all I agree), but this suits my flying needs. What it appears though is that the SVS only works on the Garmin 1000 system on Carenado planes. I fly all sorts of planes by different suppliers, and I find that I can put in my GTN 750/650 in all of them.  The other thing that perplexes me is what happens when the 3 year access for the WebSimConnect SVS Cloud service runs out (please don't tell me you didn't read the small print on the web page)? Are you going to have to pay for the access yourself or will Carenado renew? Perhaps there will be something new by that time? Who Knows?

Anyway, if this software is what floats your boat (flies your plane:biggrin:) I am not going to detract from that, but it's not for me.

To All,

I will be off-line now for the Christmas period, so I wish you all a Very Merry Christmas and A Happy New Year.

46 minutes ago, Nigellgh said:

1. It's ok for a few flights but I still prefer to see the scenery.

2. The other thing that perplexes me is what happens when the 3 year access for the WebSimConnect SVS Cloud service runs out (please don't tell me you didn't read the small print on the web page)? Are you going to have to pay for the access yourself or will Carenado renew? 

1. In this case this is definitely nothing you need.

2. Carenado pays the future access for all customers who have bought and are buying the SVS system???  Please don't tell me that this was a serious question/consideration!

I opened a support ticket with Carenado.  Here is their reply, this works for me:

“you need to download the aircraft again, the new installer of the aircraft has the integration of the svs, once you reinstall the aircraft, your PFD will give you the option to start svs”

works for me

On 9/23/2018 at 9:18 PM, Mark Niebauer said:

Has anyone noticed that the synthetic Vision stopped working in Prepar3D V4.3?