Sign in to follow this  
InbarG

CDU II - P3D v4

Hello Guys,

I Bought A CDU II By vrinsight, When I start the Panel Installer Its Write MSFS Folder NOT Found And Please specify MSFS Install Folder... I Upload A Photo, Please Help me,I Use The PREPAR3D v4.

Inbar.

Hi InbarG at al

I have owned and successfully used the VRI CDU II for some time under FSX.  I now have, like you, P3D V4 and it appears (unless someone can tell me differently), that VR Insight have not updated their driver software and configuration tools to work with P3D V4.

I have tried to find out intentions and plans to do this but I unfortunately am getting nowhere.  If anyone has further information it would be gratefully received.

Many thanks - Roger

^^^  +1 - I have the Airbus and Boeing panels - neither appear to work, hence I have kept P3D V3 installed too.  Much too expensive to just gather dust :(   Regards.

M.

Very Best Wishes,

Dr T. Maurice Murphy

Hi,

No problem with PMDG 737, 777 and IFLY 737 and 777.

Does anyone know how to make it work with the MDG 747 V3?

Thank's

Yves

Yves SAMUEL

ELLX

Thanks to all for the input, the light has come on and I now have VRI CDU II working with P3Dv4 and PMDG 737.

Samuel - I have the PMDG 747 QoS but I have yet to try CDU II.  I will give it a go shortly and let you know.

InbarG - I assume you have followed the installation process in the VR Insight guide.  Assuming that you have it appears that your P3D Root Directory address has a problem.  Looking at your screen shot are you absolutely sure the address is correct? i.e. is your sim installation actually the 'E' drive, is 'P3D V4' the root directory for your installation or is it perhaps 'Lockheed Martin'?

I'm sure you have checked and checked again but I have just successfully installed as you can see above.  Let me know if you get any luck otherwise come back to me and I'll try to assist further.

Roger

For the aircraft actually using the CDU II, I have just changed the driectories and copied the panel.cfg in the appropriate directory of the VRISIM soft.

Yves

Yves SAMUEL

ELLX

Hi Yves

Thank you for your response.  Does this mean that you have now got the PMDG 747 QotS working?

BTW - apologies for confusing your name on my previous post!

Roger

Hey folks, i too am interested going this route. Unfortunatelt there isnt any compatibility with mcp and cdu 2 for levelD 767 on p3d v4 so im looking to do the plunge for 737 or pmdg 747?

What works with vrinsight? Leveld on fsx was flawless due to sdk but pmdg i really have no clue. Can anyone share some light on this for me, ive been away for 4 years from simming.

Thanks

9 minutes ago, flightsimmer747 said:

Hey folks, i too am interested going this route. Unfortunatelt there isnt any compatibility with mcp and cdu 2 for levelD 767 on p3d v4 so im looking to do the plunge for 737 or pmdg 747?

What works with vrinsight? Leveld on fsx was flawless due to sdk but pmdg i really have no clue. Can anyone share some light on this for me, ive been away for 4 years from simming.

Thanks

PMDG don’t explicitly support home cockpit hardware with their products at the moment, they will in time but not for the moment.

6 minutes ago, Milton Waddams said:

PMDG don’t explicitly support home cockpit hardware with their products at the moment, they will in time but not for the moment.

What works with vrinsight? Leveld on fsx was flawless due to sdk but pmdg i really have no clue. 

6 minutes ago, Milton Waddams said:

So if i understand correctly in the meantime LINDA needs to be used to make it compatible?

Is there an aircraft airliner that does work in 64 bit p3d v4 with vrinsight equipment? I spent lots of money otherwise ill need to stick with FSX.

I have migrated from FSX to P3DV4 in order to exploit the 64bit capability, to get away from Virtual Memory Space problems and to be on a supported platform.  As we all know there is an ongoing migration of FSX add-ons to P3DV4 and that is the temporary downside no more so than with VR Insight hardware.

I have the VRi Boeing MCP and CDU II panels and PMDG 737NGX and 747 V3 (QotS) running P3Dv4 on Windows 10 so I can only report on those but it is worth a moment on LINDA.

LINDA will interface with many specific aircraft through the use of bespoke 'Modules' supplied by the LINDA Team in order to enable the VRi MCP Panel and many other switch functions.  I use this means very successfully for PMDG 737X, 747 QotS and most other aircraft including for example default GA aircraft. It is an excellent tool and comes with guidance and a forum in AVSim.

CDU II. To date and with some guidance from the contributors on this post, so far I have only been able to set up and use this item with the PMDG 737NGX on P3DV4.  Yves tells us below that he uses it successfully with PMDG 737, 777 and IFLY 737 and 777.  I cannot as yet use it with the PMDG 747 despite much research and a number of attempts.

Despite this migratory limitation I am pleased that LINDA drives the MCP Panel and I can live with the restricted use of the CDU II in the hope that in time it too will have wider applications.  Meanwhile, for me, P3DV4 has been a big investment but has greatly improved my Sim experience.

If I am stating some obvious things here then my apologies but for those trying to make informed decisions I hope it helps.

Rgds - Roger

15 hours ago, Roger_Roger said:

I have migrated from FSX to P3DV4 in order to exploit the 64bit capability, to get away from Virtual Memory Space problems and to be on a supported platform.  As we all know there is an ongoing migration of FSX add-ons to P3DV4 and that is the temporary downside no more so than with VR Insight hardware.

I have the VRi Boeing MCP and CDU II panels and PMDG 737NGX and 747 V3 (QotS) running P3Dv4 on Windows 10 so I can only report on those but it is worth a moment on LINDA.

LINDA will interface with many specific aircraft through the use of bespoke 'Modules' supplied by the LINDA Team in order to enable the VRi MCP Panel and many other switch functions.  I use this means very successfully for PMDG 737X, 747 QotS and most other aircraft including for example default GA aircraft. It is an excellent tool and comes with guidance and a forum in AVSim.

CDU II. To date and with some guidance from the contributors on this post, so far I have only been able to set up and use this item with the PMDG 737NGX on P3DV4.  Yves tells us below that he uses it successfully with PMDG 737, 777 and IFLY 737 and 777.  I cannot as yet use it with the PMDG 747 despite much research and a number of attempts.

Despite this migratory limitation I am pleased that LINDA drives the MCP Panel and I can live with the restricted use of the CDU II in the hope that in time it too will have wider applications.  Meanwhile, for me, P3DV4 has been a big investment but has greatly improved my Sim experience.

If I am stating some obvious things here then my apologies but for those trying to make informed decisions I hope it helps.

Rgds - Roger

Hi Roger 

Thanks for the info it absolutely helps, i've been on the fence to migrate to p3d because of my equipment but time is flying and Id like to get simming again. I dont mind changing burds if need be. I'm just looking for that one airliner boeing or airbus that works with all my equipment. 

It definately only seems possible with LINDA.

I personally enjoyed many years of lvld 767, and the vri software worked flawlessly for the mcp and cdu 2.

I always had a few steps to do in order to get the cdu 2 to display correctly but managed to get fsx in full screen and cdu 2 displayed and worked really well.

Guess im just looking for that winning combo to get everything up and running smoothly, if it exists!

Thanks for the info.