Sign in to follow this  
gregmorin

Milviz Otter released

gregmorin: The throttle works with my Saitek X-55, but the lever in vc don't move, mix and propeller levers moving but throttle not. Is the only plane in my hangar with this problem, all others are working well (multi engine, single engine).

Eduardo

No problems with throttles for me ... ran a 6 hr 16 min flight across NZ from NZWR to NZQW ... it was close on fuel and leaned out at FL140.

Has support for F1 and RXP and weather radar, but I don’t think REX/MV have that converted for P3D V4.x yet.

The entire flight wasn’t attended, but checked in every hour or so.  Mostly cloud layer from departure to about 100nm point from NZQW when it cleared up for a dusk arrival.

It is a SLOW aircraft :)

Cheers Rob

I'm a bit confused by the gear lever and watter rudder lever are modeled in the cockpit when in the straight wheels configuration. I'm assuming this would not be the case in the real thing.

2 hours ago, edzunu said:

gregmorin: The throttle works with my Saitek X-55, but the lever in vc don't move, mix and propeller levers moving but throttle not. Is the only plane in my hangar with this problem, all others are working well (multi engine, single engine).

Eduardo

Eduardo,

I am sorry you are having an issue. Please visit the Milviz support forum. If you do not have access to the DHC-3 support forum, send your proof of purchase to osin@milviz.com.

Hope this helps,

Greg

Greg Morin

Commercial ASMEL Instrument CFI

Beta Tester i Blue Yonder, Flightbeam and Milviz

3 hours ago, edzunu said:

Eduardo

Eduardo, are you using FSUIPC?

With the Otter, what I am seeing is, the throttle lever on my HOTAS must be mapped to "THROTTLE" axis, not "THROTTLE1" axis for the VC lever to work. Same with pitch lever, "PROPPITCH" not "PROPITCH1".

Hope this helps.

Henry Street: Yes, I use FSUIPC and with my actual configuration ALL my planes, including milviz Beaver had a moveable thrust lever.

Eduardo

Thanks a lot gregmorin and Henry Street for your help. Solved creating a profile in FSUIPC. Thanks again.

Eduardo

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, 1st fltsimguy said:

So I got this version of the Otter. Took me a bit to get her started and flying. Flew around some, I like the sounds, the feel, this is a good plane, love how perfectly the throttle, pitch and mixture levers are modeled.....then mid fight I switched to the JustFlight version...I also like the sounds, the feel...the VC is different but nicely modeled...these are two great planes.

I admit I'm an Otter lover, spend plenty of time in them up and down the central west coast of British Columbia.

Bryan

You're not helping! LOL...

16 hours ago, edzunu said:

Thanks a lot gregmorin and Henry Street for your help. Solved creating a profile in FSUIPC. Thanks again.

FYI Eduardo, you'll run into the same issue with A2A's GA singles and FSUIPC.  They're the only planes I have that behave this way, but with FSUIPC profiles, it's an easy problem to solve.

Scott

• Upvote 1

21 hours ago, gregmorin said:

Eduardo,

I am sorry you are having an issue. Please visit the Milviz support forum. If you do not have access to the DHC-3 support forum, send your proof of purchase to osin@milviz.com.

Hope this helps,

Greg

Sorry Greg, I believe his name is Oisin, not Osin ;-)
oisin@milviz.com

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

On 25/11/2017 at 4:21 PM, Henry Street said:

Hazy day at Beni Mellal, getting ready to fly the hump to Errachidia (click to biggen)

2017-11-25_10-0-6-928.md.jpg

Haha, I thought I was the only pilot flying in Beni Mellal :-)

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

1 hour ago, David Roch said:

Haha, I thought I was the only pilot flying in Beni Mellal :-)

Cool! Maroc is a great place to fly. All kinds of interesting terrain.

4 hours ago, David Roch said:

Sorry Greg, I believe his name is Oisin, not Osin ;-)
oisin@milviz.com

Someday I will learn to type and spell:biggrin:

Greg

Greg Morin

Commercial ASMEL Instrument CFI

Beta Tester i Blue Yonder, Flightbeam and Milviz

On 11/25/2017 at 0:32 PM, Rob Ainscough said:

...but I don’t think REX/MV have that converted for P3D V4.x yet.

Cheers Rob

HI Rob, 

The weather radar has just been released for P3Dv.4.

Cheers!

Tim Fuchs
Managing Partner
REX SIMULATIONS 

support www.rexaxis.com

Excellent!!  Thank Sir.  I'll get installing, just in time for winter weather. :)

Cheers, Rob