gregmorin

Milviz Otter released

Milviz has released their Otter. It is a fantastic bush aircraft. I did beta test this aircraft and highly recommend you take a look at it.

2017-11-18_11-4-36-113.jpg

Greg

• Upvote 2

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I see they support RXP GPS's, does this include the newer V2 530/430 versions or the legacy ones? :blink: If you would happen to know that'd be great so i can go ahead and purchase :biggrin:

The RXP GPS V2 530/430 updates the gns entries with its configuration tool.

Best CJ

Hi Folks,

Well they slipped that one by me - first I've heard - nice colors Greg...

Regards,
Scott

Yes and Yes, fantastic aircraft from Milviz.  I'm amazed the canoe can stay attached during flight or less than optimized landings.

I hope Milviz can find more ways to do non-Military aircraft, nothing against their military offerings at all, it's just they do such a great job with GA also.

Cheers, Rob.

• Upvote 2

gregmorin as a beta tester did you notice that throttler lever don't work?

Eduardo

1 hour ago, edzunu said:

gregmorin as a beta tester did you notice that throttler lever don't work?

Eduardo

Eduardo

The throttle has been working fine.

Greg

Hi Greg,

How would you rate this compared to the Beaver - specifically the FDE ?

Thanks...

Regards,

Scott

Well now, I had no idea, I bought the JustFlight version a short while ago and love it...but, now I'm tempted to see how this one flies, Milviz do such wonderful job on their planes.

This thing is a monster! It flies like a mack truck. I mean all this in a good way. It is probably very realistic. Unload some of that fuel, it helps!

This looks very nice.

If anyone has this, how are the sounds? Nice and meaty?

55 minutes ago, Midnight Music said:

This thing is a monster! It flies like a mack truck. I mean all this in a good way. It is probably very realistic. Unload some of that fuel, it helps!

The real one's do fly this way.

Thanks for the heads up. I was going to buy the Just Flight Otter recently released but held off mainly because of the cockpit graphics IMO not measuring up to the price. I will certainty look at this one as the Otter has a child hood connection to me. In 1959 my Dad was stationed in Bogotá Columbia with an Army Geographic unit. He would sometimes take me to the airport with him to meet the U.S.Army Otter when it would fly in from the Canal Zone. To my 6yr old eyes that was the most beautiful sites to see that bird taxi in and swing around. It was white with red wing tips and tail. I still have a color photograph of it. I remember the guy who flew it was a Capt. Knox. My Dad rode to Panama with him a couple of times and he liked to get down to nap of the earth level over the Columbian jungle. After returning to the States we heard of his death in an accident in Alaska. You know what they say about old bold pilots. 

4 minutes ago, PATCO LCH said:

Thanks for the heads up. I was going to buy the Just Flight Otter recently released but held off mainly because of the cockpit graphics IMO not measuring up to the price. I will certainty look at this one as the Otter has a child hood connection to me. In 1959 my Dad was stationed in Bogotá Columbia with an Army Geographic unit. He would sometimes take me to the airport with him to meet the U.S.Army Otter when it would fly in from the Canal Zone. To my 6yr old eyes that was the most beautiful sites to see that bird taxi in and swing around. It was white with red wing tips and tail. I still have a color photograph of it. I remember the guy who flew it was a Capt. Knox. My Dad rode to Panama with him a couple of times and he liked to get down to nap of the earth level over the Columbian jungle. After returning to the States we heard of his death in an accident in Alaska. You know what they say about old bold pilots. 

Hi, I did buy the JustFlight version, and I do like its flight dynamics, sound, feel.  But I would agree that I would love to see just a bit more rough and tough on the cockpit.

1 hour ago, 1st fltsimguy said:

Well now, I had no idea, I bought the JustFlight version a short while ago and love it...but, now I'm tempted to see how this one flies, Milviz do such wonderful job on their planes.

Eventually..

1 hour ago, scottb613 said:

Hi Greg,

How would you rate this compared to the Beaver - specifically the FDE ?

Thanks...

Regards,

Scott

Scott,

A lot of work was done to get the FDE right. It is a heavier aircraft than the Beaver and it feels it. You need to be very conscious of your airspeed and flap configuration. It has excellent STOL characteristics. It flies by the numbers reflected in the original DHC manual. Overall, I think it is as good or better than the Beaver. I really like them both.

Greg

• Upvote 2

Hi Greg,

FDE’s are the most inportant part of a model to me - gracias amigo...

Regards,

Scott

• Upvote 1

They never finished the 737 to fix all the bugs, advertised RXP support for the B-55 but ignored the bugs I reported, then released a patch that broke the B55 even more, and if I had bought into the 350i "beta" I'd be extra upset. Maybe there is a change of management? Can't say I am excited to try another Milviz offering.

I'm about to buy my 8th Milviz product, the Otter and have to say, their support and commitment to promise have been second to none for the time I've been buying their product.

I do have the 737 and did purchase the B350i. Their statements and commitments about these products are public (in the case of the B350i, explicitly stated before you were allowed to hit "purchase") have not proven false of misleading. Interesting to me that someone who has no desire to purchase their products may continue to hold such fascination with them.

Anyway, off to buy the Otter...the Beaver was/is a great sim..I'm sure the Otter will be just as good or better.

EDIT: I also have the 2 models they made freeware as a gratuity to the community.

This thread's topic is the Milviz Otter.  Please keep the discussion to that topic.

Regards

Pity they did not debut the rumored licensing of TFdi's rain effects with this one....

gb.

1 hour ago, w6kd said:

This thread's topic is the Milviz Otter.  Please keep the discussion to that topic.

Regards

:-) It's a pretty good sim so far. Milviz always has the "right" weathered look in the cockpit textures. The functionality is all there in the cockpit including the arcane autopilot. Love the way most of the MV offerings are integrated into the same utility for configuration.

Yep, I couldn't resist and have made a few passes around my home field. It is a good model. Graphics are pretty spot on (pretty amazing really). Love the engine sound and the feel of heaviness is there. I've got no complaints. Naturally I didn't look at manual just loaded it to see if I could start it from cold and dark. Managed to start it and was perplexed by the generator light. I figured out (finally) - its a generator  and I was setting there pulling about 700 rpm's and not the needed 1000 or so. I like the old Otter. I did lean a lot on the AS twotter when I wanted fly an old exotic, but I think it will have to move over for the single engine Otter.